+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

DS is on the Novolac reflux and it has helped. Hope it works for you too. I like it as it thickens in their tummy not in the bottle. I used the NAN AR for DD and it was like thick sludge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo77 View Post
    DS is on the Novolac reflux and it has helped. Hope it works for you too. I like it as it thickens in their tummy not in the bottle. I used the NAN AR for DD and it was like thick sludge!
    Cleo did you have any probs with constipation on the novalac?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Second bottle of the novolac. Mikkie drank about 70 mls of it. Had a bit if wind but buped with only a bit of effort and shes now asleep again. God please tell me this is the right thing xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok well that didnt go well.

We had a fussy, in pain baby from 2am. Took me about 4 hours to settle her. I dont know if it was wind but I think she is now constipated as she was pushing and trying and we have a small little poo that is fairly solid.
    So is this constipation or just her system getting used to the new formula?
    I know constipation is not going but she is definately having some issues going.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

I thought a sign of constipation in little bubs is little poops, like pellets. They usually are more runny like mustard?? I'm not sure. http://www.babycenter.com.au/baby-poo-photos#/8
    Sorry you are having such a hard time.

Thanks
    Reviews

I havent had a bubba with reflux but a few friends have and i have watched on with complete sympathy and compassion for them, its rough ad a mummy to not be able to "fix" whatever is wrong with your baby. It sounds like youve had some great advice and support in this thread already.

I only decided to post when I read about the constipation so I just popped on to share this: I recently watched in wonder as a friend with a constipated 3 month old massaged the poo out of him by pushing his knees up and in (gently but firmly) and repeating- the relief in his little face was precious. Don't know if that will help but thought I'd share.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like Colic.

We are now using Brauer Colic Relief.

My DD was the same. It's not pain but discomfort my GP said. Which doesn't make you feel any better when your baby is screaming!

I did try infants friend and it worked for a bit but then she was back to screaming.

This Brauer stuff seems to be helping!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Ok well that didnt go well.

We had a fussy, in pain baby from 2am. Took me about 4 hours to settle her. I dont know if it was wind but I think she is now constipated as she was pushing and trying and we have a small little poo that is fairly solid.
    So is this constipation or just her system getting used to the new formula?
    I know constipation is not going but she is definately having some issues going.

Any ideas?
    Midwife told me 30mls water and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Let it dissolve then give it in a bottle. Within a few hours she'll poo. I've had to do this a couple of times in that last 6 weeks. Did it for DD yesterday and she did 2 not long after each other that were like playdough!

Thanks
    Reviews

Go to www.reflux.org.au they have some awesome information, especially a new questionnaire that you can print and take to your gp or paed to help diagnose reflux. It also is a great source of information and support. My youngest has been battling silent reflux for 2 1/2 years. It's not fun. And definitely give Chiro a go. It really helped us. Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews

If you suspect reflux watch using the brown sugar and water. I did this the other day and DS's reflux got a lot worse straight away. I am now adding a little prune juice once a day to his bottle or giving it with a little water.