+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

thnx. Im not ignoring my instincts. i know newborns are unsettled and take a while to settle bit screaming at the top of her lungs in pain, going red in the face and a high pitched scream to me isnt normal. not when she is being treated for wind already. i havent slept since she was born i hate to think how tired she is.
    im just trying to hold on....
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Could she maybe have an intolerance to cows milk? Have you tried soy or goat formula?
    This will be the next step but the paed didnt think so. I wanted to exhaust all the options first before doing that as I dont want to upset her tummy.
    And if it is reflux and wind combined im not sure soy will help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Sounds like DS who suffered silent reflux till 8 months. He was feeding or crying 24/7 and so he put on heaps of weight and no one took me seriously. Try the mylanta for a few days just so you confirm it's reflux.

Then I would find a paed who will prescribe losec at an appropriate dose (DS was on too lower dose). If you are getting a suspension it has to be done properly.

Check out the RISA website - lots of info there. Chiro also helped my DS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

MummyMooMoo  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

whats Risa? and we just saw gp who gave us a can of novalac reflux to try every second bottle for 4 days and a referral to another paed. at least she listened. she even said babies do cry but generally do not scream a high pitched painful scream without a reason. fingers crossed we may be onto something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    whats Risa? and we just saw gp who gave us a can of novalac reflux to try every second bottle for 4 days and a referral to another paed. at least she listened. she even said babies do cry but generally do not scream a high pitched painful scream without a reason. fingers crossed we may be onto something.

I'm pretty sure it's RISA although it's been 2 years. It's like a national reflux association website. Possibly NZ based?

That's great the GP listened to you. I hope things improve very soon. It's awful when they are so miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Could she maybe have an intolerance to cows milk? Have you tried soy or goat formula?
    this was my thought as well. How is bubs poo (sorry TMI) ? Is it frothy, green, explosive, specks of blood or anything unusual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried a baby chiro? I've heard great things about them...was she a vaginal delivery. Sometimes apparently not everything is in alignment and cause great pain...may be worth a try?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (16-02-2013),GirlsRock  (16-02-2013),PR2bMum  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

If the Mylanta doesn't work try infant gaviscon. Mylanta worked to get DD diagnosed with silent reflux but it wouldn't work for DS, the gaviscon worked for him.

If it is silent reflux doctor shop until you find one who will prescribe Losec solution. It is a lifesaver.

Took week of DD's tears and mine before she was diagnosed, this time I am wiser and DS was diagnosed at 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

no nothing like that in her bowel motions.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DairyfreeDiva View Post
    this was my thought as well. How is bubs poo (sorry TMI) ? Is it frothy, green, explosive, specks of blood or anything unusual.
    nope nothing like that