+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Yep, agree, the thickener only helps for vomiting reflux, silent reflux generally needs something to neutralise the stomach acid first.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Waiting  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

we have seen a paed and ive tried to call. can i give her infant gavisxon at 3 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    we have seen a paed and ive tried to call. can i give her infant gavisxon at 3 weeks?

Oh, I'm not sure about age sorry -- my son was 6 weeks before we realised it was silent reflux & we gave him infant Gaviscon -- I'd ask the pharmacist...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey'sMummy For This Useful Post:

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Infants Friend was an absolute life saver for me when DS was little. You can get it from a chemist and it's very similar to Mylanta etc. but doesn't have that really nasty strong peppermint taste (which is fine for adults but bubs usually aren't keen on it!).

I really feel your pain though, I think so many people are told that there's nothing wrong with their baby and that it's normal. Well yes, it might be normal for bubs to get reflux but that doesn't mean we should just ignore the fact that they're in pain and have the house screamed down.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

we tried infants friend and it didnt help. going to gp for new paed referral then im going with my ideas. as much training as a paed has i still think its all guess work. i tried to call paed twice and no answer so im not ringing again. he obviously thinks im over reacting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i think with infant gaviscon they have to be one month old at least. I found this did not work with my ds who has battled horrendously with reflux. he also had the bloody mucousy chokes as well since hospital. it's so hard to watch them, i have had nights where i just bawled my eyes out. he's been prescribed losec from the gp and have found this helps a little bit. I tried all the reflux/thicker formula and still not any better. in fact, he seemed to be choking as it would come back up thru his nose and he would be gasping for air.

one thing i did find has helped ALOT is a infant swing. alot of people find the motion of going back and forwards (or side to side) and them lying somewhat upright helps soothe them. my ds permanently sleeps in the swing. i think there was a thread not so long ago regarding reflux and swings.

i think you should change pead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

i jist someone to listen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

My bub is ten weeks and she possibly has silent reflux. My paed said they usually try to thicken the formula first for reflux. After that they usually try gaviscon. I found the infant gaviscon a nightmare to use so the pharmacist said to get the adult suspension. Use a syringe to get 1ml. Give half hour before or after a meal. Twice a day. Could even do four doses or 2mls twice a day. After that my paed said they can try Zantac or losec and there's another new one but I can't think if the name.
    FYI mylanta probably does sane thing.
    I'm not a doctor but just passing on the info I was given if its helpful. Also raising the bassinet mattress is excellent and using a swing. My daughter practically lives in the swing during the day!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Keen to follow this thread. My sil is having exact same issues. I actually thought you were her but she isn't on this forum. All I can say is don't give up til you have answers and if u don't think your paed is helping definately find another one . I hope you get some answers soon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Could she maybe have an intolerance to cows milk? Have you tried soy or goat formula?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (15-02-2013)