+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Good luck with the change to soy. My first was very unsettled and refluxy and improved dramatically when I gave up cows milk and changed to soy (he was BF). I really really hope this is the answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

I would give a new formula at least a week if not two to see if it works as it takes at least that long for the old formula to leave the body and the new one to take effect. I know its hard when they're in pain (we had to try four).

I don't mean to sound like a broken record but please consider trying Bellamy's before switching to soy if you haven't done so already as sooo many people I know whose bub had tummy issues (mine included) thrive on this one.

And if you can locate a chiro I would also do this. I'm actually not an advocate for them for adults but it worked wonders on my bub when he was tiny!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Just a thought.. I was told this often when i was changing formulas for my ds who had awful reflux and was on losec. I had people saying that maybe their tummy is upset because of constant changing.. not sure if this is true or not but maybe ask the dr if it's possible?
    My GP said the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy83 View Post
    My GP said the same thing.
    Actually speaking of which, Bellamy's was one of the ones I had tried - i'd say, probably the 3rd-4th formula and he just screamed and spewed over and over again.. just like every other formula i had tried. so then went on to try others to no avail.. I then decided to try it again for longer this time and believe it or not he seemed settled down.. both the screaming and vomiting and he is still on it. so maybe try to stay on the same formula for say 2 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

She was so unsettled last night. I cant take much more

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Have you looked into seeing a naturopath?

Thanks
    Reviews

It's been a while, have you seen a doctor yet? I was at my wits end with my little guy and got an appointment same day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 2 steps forward and 45 back. We saw a paed last Wednesday who was very good. Physically there's nothing wrong. The cows milk protein is a possibility, which is why we are now on soy (process of elimination of issues). Failing this after 7 days we go to loser as well as the soy. If these don't work we go to an elemental formula. So. We've been on soy for about 5 days. The first 2 days she was very settled and we had 2 reasonable nights. Day 3 and we are back to being unsettled, can't put her down. Today, she's had 30 minutes sleep. The paed also said she would be very overtired making the irritability worse or it's....just her temperament. A cranky, irritable baby, and basically- tough luck. So I don't know why after 2 days the soy doesnt seem to be working unless she has the problem with soy.. She is waking mid sleep crying out in pain. She hasn't done this on the bottles as much as before.
    My partner and I are having major problems based on this and some other issues.....I'm so stressed out. I'm so tired, down and I just don't know why the baby hates me. I don't know why she won't settle, I'm trying so hard. It's like she doesn't like me so just wants to keep doing this to get back at me.
    The paed suggested a baby whisperer and a sleep school, neither of which I want to do at 3 weeks old and have someone control cry her. Is this a good idea this early?
    I just want to curl up and hide. I am so frustrated and feel so useless. 3 paeds, $1000, 4 formulas and almost a month with no sleep. And still no answers.
    I think she will end up on prescription formula. On the soy she will cry and then vomit a bit back and we didn't have this before either. But the cry is a high pitched, I'm in pain cry. Looks like we will be trying losec first. The paed we saw is seeing us for her 6 week check up on march 7 so hoping we might be able to try something else then. I just don't know what to do. I'd like my friends who had babies that sleep all night from 2 weeks old would stop bragging at me.... It makes me feel worse and I just sob all the time. DP is useless and not very supportive. I just don't know if now is the time to be deciding about relationships.....I'd just like things to be different....my second baby wasn't meant to be like this.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sweetie, hang in there! It will get better than this, I PROMISE. Just take it a few hours at a time and try not to worry about anything other than that.

I apologise for not reading the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been suggested.... but have you tried baby probiotics? It sounds to me that whatever else is going on, her gut is 'out of whack'. Not all probiotics are any good, but Baby Biotic are good. It certainly won't hurt her, and it might just help a lot. Even if it helped a little it would be worth it!

http://www.bioceuticals.com.au/produ...abyBiotic-0yrs

Also, please don't make any relationship decisions at the moment if it can be helped. I'm sure things will seem better when you have had some sleep.

Hang in there! xx

Thanks
    Reviews

I haven't read the whole thread but hugs hugs hugs

Only thing I can suggest is a chiropractor. My niece was a lot like your baby. Would cry out in pain while sleeping, would sleep very little and all those horrible things. My sister tried every formula on the market! At her wits end she took my niece to a chiro and after the first visit she slept four hours straight! She continued to improve after each visit and within two weeks was sleeping thought the night ! I can't remember the diagnosis but chiros seem to have a knack for "fixing" babies.

Best of luck