+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    It is phrasing taken directly from the American Republican presidential campaign. Choosing to ape the GOP is something I have zero respect for as I disagree with almost all their platforms.
    Many people use the phrase 'create wealth'. I guess you've never gone to a financial adviser.
    So the US shouldn't look to create wealth either? Where is their money going to come from?

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You need to look a little deeper than the simple phrasing, but I suspect you knew that already.

It's not as simple as yeah, let's create some wealth. What are the policies planned to make that happen? How will they affect people? etc, etc.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-02-2013),Busy-Bee  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to look a little deeper than the simple phrasing, but I suspect you knew that already.

It's not as simple as yeah, let's create some wealth. What are the policies planned to make that happen? How will they affect people? etc, etc.
    Do you think that Australia should create wealth? That is a simple question with no caveats. From what you and beebs have said, it sounds like you don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Think what you like Father. I am absolutely not going to answer your probing questions due to your past history on this forum. There are no simple questions with you. So now that I have answered you initial question, toodle-oo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think what you like Father. I am absolutely not going to answer your probing questions due to your past history on this forum. There are no simple questions with you. So now that I have answered you initial question, toodle-oo
    What history would that be? Disagreeing with you?
    I will take the lack of a response as an indication that you have realised that your views on the economy are not practical and that money doesn't grow on trees. I assume that beebs has also come to realise that too.

I for one am glad that the spend spend spend philosophy of the current government will soon come to an end.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (26-02-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do find it frustrating on here that people constantly talk about what the government should "give" them (free childcare, free gym memberships, free swimming lessons!) with little regard to where the government is supposed to conjure this money.

The prevailing response is "tax rich people some more, if they can't afford it they're not budgeting right".

The reality is that public spending without the revenue to back it up equals debt. Debt! What many people here are asking for is the equivalent of going on a shopping spree with a credit card you have no way of paying off.

I'm not a fan of Liberal, but neither am I a fan of any government that gets into power by appeasing people by giving them more than it can afford to. Those school supplies reimbursements everyone thinks are their god given right? They're not! Not if the country can't afford them.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Buttermilk  (26-02-2013),Father  (26-02-2013),HowCrazyCool  (26-02-2013),kw123  (26-02-2013),Lilahh  (26-02-2013),Lillynix  (26-02-2013),meesha87  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What history would that be? Disagreeing with you?
    I will take the lack of a response as an indication that you have realised that your views on the economy are not practical and that money doesn't grow on trees. I assume that beebs has also come to realise that too.
    Aaannnd this is exactly what I am talking about. This is the reason very few people want to converse with you.

You can imagine all you like, doesn't make any of it true.

And with that, onto my ignore list you go.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (26-02-2013),Mulva  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I do find it frustrating on here that people constantly talk about what the government should "give" them (free childcare, free gym memberships, free swimming lessons!) with little regard to where the government is supposed to conjure this money.

The prevailing response is "tax rich people some more, if they can't afford it they're not budgeting right".

The reality is that public spending without the revenue to back it up equals debt. Debt! What many people here are asking for is the equivalent of going on a shopping spree with a credit card you have no way of paying off.
    Well said lambjam.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I've ever heard anybody say tax rich people more unless it's with regard to the taxes on major mining companies (I've only seen the budgeting comments when well off people have said they're broke - the mining big dogs claimed this, too).

With regard to the free child care etc we'd have to look into how other countries manage it. If a third world country such as Cuba can successfully manage things like free dental long-term surely we can do better than this IMO.

I feel for the people about to lose their jobs... I would be very stressed in their position. I am stressed as it is about the possibility of this man being PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am stunned that people are even considering voting Labor after how poorly they have managed the economy in the past few years. As a PP said, money doesn't grow on trees. Cuts are controversial, but necessary so that the Government can continue to provide important services. I just do not understand the mentality that the Government's job is to give, give, give. $70 billion needs to be made in budget cuts because the Labor government wasted money, Senator Wong is borderline hilarious in her comments criticising the Liberal fiscal plan.

I am thrilled that Liberal will be returned to power.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

monnie24  (26-02-2013)