+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Your spot on!

The government shouldn't be responsible for paying lower income earners a school bonus. Pay for your own child's education! And who is paying for it is the higher income earner paying a ridiculas amount of tax.
    Wait, so you don't agree that all children have the right to an education?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I agree with most of those comments. (I'm sure I will be attacked from all fronts for saying that).
    If they are the worst quotes from someone who has been in the public eye for as long as he has, then he hasn't done too badly.
    Gillard has said more stupid quotes in the last month than he has in his career.
    I agree with about 1/3 of Abbots comments. The next 1/3 I think he's just messed his words up. The last 1/3 are 'what the' comments (IMO).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    He isn't. That article was from back in 2005. It is not his policy or that of the Liberal party.
    It was only not policy bc it was overturned, not bc he changed his opinion. Of course it's his policy lol he just has the sense to realise most women hate him and so close to the election it would be suicide to start going on with the rubbish he has in the past when Howard was PM.

He tried to block RU40, but was stood down and stripped of his power to block it. So this is more than just a personal opinion, which he's entitled to. He has actively sought to remove women's choice to a drug and doesn't require surgery, is much less invasive and less costly to the tax payer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Hahaha yeah I went with possibly because if my husband came out with some of the crap this guy does, he'd be out the door pretty quickly!
    I would rather that you didn't bring my wife into this. But she is also a big fan of Abbott, and can see through the ridiculous misogyny claims that the media and the handbag hit squad is trying to portray.
    It was also refreshing to see in the women's only Galaxy poll that the majority of the women can also see though the spin.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    You live in Queensland. Tell me, what has changed since those jobs were cut? Have you seen a drop in services? If so, where?
    What has changed since these jobs were cut? My own job. I have a casual work at home job that keeps us in the black. Due to the nature of the industry I work in a large part is dependent on public sector programs. I have gone from regular 10-12 hours per week to maybe 1.

I also find inference and assumption that because I haven't been affected by services then all the jobs that were cut were superfluous telling. I will post a link later of the long list of services and programs that have been axed courtesy of Newman.

He does not own 75%. He actually only owns 30%.
    He does, however, sell 75% of the papers. It just so happens that the majority of the population would rather buy his product. Nothing wrong with that. It is their money, and they should be able to buy whichever product they prefer.

Rinehart does not control Fairfax. She has absolutely no power in Fairfax at all. She did though, waste a heap of her money buying some of their shares whilst they were still on a massive slide downhill. Fairfax is struggling.
    Australia has the highest concentration of media ownership in the world - it makes for ****e media and chronic lack of diversity of opinion.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    It pains me to say this, but I agree. On one hand Gillard hasn't done a great job. On the other.... well I don't need to say about Abbott lol
    Canberra is a bit of a rumour cesspit at the moment and one of them is that it won't be Abbott. Not sure if this is better or worse, but Hockey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would rather that you didn't bring my wife into this. But she is also a big fan of Abbott, and can see through the ridiculous misogyny claims that the media and the handbag hit squad is trying to portray.
    It was also refreshing to see in the women's only Galaxy poll that the majority of the women can also see though the spin.
    Don't worry about it Father. Some feminists on here think that unless you let women do what they want when they want, that you are a man/woman hater. And they resort to personal insults to try and score points with heir feminist friends. I've been accused of having a penis because I don't believe women should have certain rights such as the right to terminate for non medical reasons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Father  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    and the handbag hit squad is trying to portray.
    lol, nice to see you have such a high opinion of women that happen to disagree with you by giving them insulting names

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (26-02-2013),Busy-Bee  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Canberra is a bit of a rumour cesspit at the moment and one of them is that it won't be Abbott. Not sure if this is better or worse, but Hockey...
    ehh can't stand him either. Find him so arrogant and pompous

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just quickly coming back in here (because it was from a previous post that the tangent of print media stemmed from.)

People were asking why they hadn't heard too much about the tax cuts which must have benefitted the "rich" (and I put rich in inverted commas, as there are people who are asset rich, so it's more correct to say high income earners).

The tone of the thread was that people blamed the ownership of the media.

Actually - I believe it's because the changes did not benefit the high income earners, and only marginally helped lower income earners.

Also keep in mind that these changes were to offset the effects of bringing in a carbon tax, the "clean energy rebates" were not the only payment changes supposed to do this.

Here's the figures from changes to the tax brackets:
    0 - $6k - no change (still pay no tax)
    6 - $18k $1800 / year better off ($34/week)
    18k - $37k $3572/year better off ($68/week)
    37 - $50k $753/year better off ($14/week)
    50 - $80k $3/year better off (5c/week)
    80k + $3/year worse off

So my theory as to why it wasn't lauded about in the press is because the majority of households in Australia are not, in fact, better off, as the projected rise of commodities due to the introduction of the carbon tax, means that they will not be better off.