+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I know I've been voting for 16 years and for the first time I'm truly confused how to vote. I don't hate Gillard but her taking more money off single parents sealed it for me. So in conscience I don't know what to do now. Totally get what you are saying and was saying just this to DH who is also a leftie. Do I vote labor to keep Abbott out? or vote greens?
    Greens in senate!

Is your seat marginal?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am at a total loss as to who to vote for as I don't see either of them as fit to run the country.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Greens in senate!

Is your seat marginal?
    Nope we are blue ribbon nats, have been for 30+ years as I live in a farming/rural community. Kills me every election seeing Nats get in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    I am at a total loss as to who to vote for as I don't see either of them as fit to run the country.
    It pains me to say this, but I agree. On one hand Gillard hasn't done a great job. On the other.... well I don't need to say about Abbott lol

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It kills me to say this, but I agree. On one hand Gillard hasn't done a great job. On the other.... well I don't need to say about Abbott lol
    Yerp it's like choosing between a fire and a frying pan either way you are going to get burnt only choice is to which way it's done

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yup. No one represents me. No one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yerp it's like choosing between a fire and a frying pan either way you are going to get burnt only choice is to which way it's done
    Yep exactly If she gets in, it will be a minority govt. If he gets in.... far out I fear for our family, my husband works hard but we are low income. Then there's the issue of topics like abortion. he has said in the past if he gets in he will make it inaccessible except in cases of incompatible with life or danger to the mother like ectopic. Whatever my own personal opinions on the topic are, that scares me what will happen to our bodily autonomy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Yup. No one represents me. No one.
    Labor will always represent my core beliefs but I have no faith in them anymore and that's a pretty huge statement for me to make. But with the break from Greens, will a greens vote be a throw away vote? I have much thinking to do before Sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep exactly If she gets in, it will be a minority govt. If he gets in.... far out I fear for our family, my husband works hard but we are low income. Then there's the issue of topics like abortion. he has said in the past if he gets in he will make it inaccessible except in cases of incompatible with life or danger to the mother like ectopic. Whatever my own personal opinions on the topic are, that scares me what will happen to our bodily autonomy.
    Yerp like my husbands says, I am unsure as to how I will vote as I'm yet to decode which way I would like to be f****d

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

delirium  (26-02-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    he has said in the past if he gets in he will make it inaccessible except in cases of incompatible with life or danger to the mother like ectopic.
    Are you sure about this? I've never heard that.

I can't stand Abbott, but the notion that his personal opinions will become public policy is a fair bit of fear-mongering IMO.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Lilahh  (26-02-2013)