Closed Thread
Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    Back in the W of A!!!

Anyone got any tips on combatting the time zone shift??? Girls were up at 3.30/4.00am *yawn*
    All our family are in Vic / Qld so we regularly travel over East. TBH I find within 24 hours the kids are back on Perth time. We also travel late in the day when we're returning so they go to bed Perth time not Brisbane or Melbourne time if that makes sense. We've never really had a problem. We have had massive problems strangely when we're in Brisbane (the kids go to bed late and wake early so they're overtired) but they adapt pretty quickly on the return. We also try and return on a Friday or Saturday evening to give everyone a quiet day if they have to go back to school / work on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just been given 60 days by our landlord, his daughter needs a rental and can't be bothered fighting with everyone else for one, so daddy is moving her in here. We're 6 months of buying! Big boo hoo for me. The actual moving is ok, but I cant wait for the awsomeness of finding a rental to start. I'd rather pack it all in boxes and move to Bali for 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Hoolahoop -that sucks! Good luck!

The girls woke early, but I didn't let them out of bed until 5.45am. (I gave them some milk and told them it was still sleeping time, that I was going back to bed and they needed to go back to sleep). Had to get up a few times to reinforce the message! Today, we'll try and stick to regular Perth routine as much as possible. Just a quiet day at home playing with the kids in the 'hood,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    That sux Hulahoop - how can you be booted out if you were on a lease? I thought they had to wait til the lease was at an end?

munchkin05 is offline just me, my boy and my baby bump
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be interested in catch ups I've got ds who is nearly 8 and a princess who is nearly 12 months
    I'm doing casual work so it would depend on what days I'm working if I could catch up or not but need to start getting out with people who have Bubs all my friends have older kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    The lease was due 1st April but he was stalling ... Sux to have to move for only 6 months. We need to be in the area for DD's school otherwise it might not be so hard.

Landlord is one of DH's clients, so he knows the deal with the daughter. It's her, her husband and two kids. Neither of them work so wont be paying much rent, and we couldn't imagine having two kids here - it would be much too small and one bedroom is practically right on the kitchen so very noisy. She has a history of chopping and changing and winging to daddy so unfortunately she will probably move out again in a short period of time. I'm just a bit "woe is me" over it, but I'm thinking out of the box - maybe an apartment in Freo for something different for a short while? Who knows ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    We moved for 6 months while we renovated our home in Melbourne and went to a different part of town. Nothing too drastic as we still needed to get DD1 to daycare. It was great. Got to know a completely new area. It was like holidaying in our own city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to come to a meet up but work every wed and fri so if the meet is on any other day I would def like to come. I have 2 ds 3.6 yrs and 21 mths

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    We moved for 6 months while we renovated our home in Melbourne and went to a different part of town. Nothing too drastic as we still needed to get DD1 to daycare. It was great. Got to know a completely new area. It was like holidaying in our own city.
    Wow - what a coincidence - I just logged back on after discussing with DH totally being ruthless with all the 'stuff' we have, storing a lot of what we want to keep and renting an apartment in Fremantle. Totally different to our lifestyle, we only have one car at the moment so parking wont be an issue, DD is only 1 day per week this year in Scarborough so not so bad to travel (my second day at work is in doubt presently so she could drop her day care day). Looking forward to exploring Freo better, living in an apartment/townhouse, no gardening, walking to lunch on a Sunday ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, wrong place. On another note, how nice is the weather today?
    Last edited by Turk EnJayDee; 28-04-2013 at 14:53.