Closed Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm just north of Scarborough (walking distance). Where are you?
    a bit further from you - Gwelup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Perthies :)

Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    .....any practically spitting distance to me!

I didn't know you were a Perthie LoCo......always thought you were Melbourne....no idea why.

DH and I are a bit nomadic. We moved here from Melbourne when DD1 was 9weeks old and have been here about 3 1/2 years now.

wonder who else will come out of the woodwork
    Haha yes yes I'm a perthy. DH from Melbourne though

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Born and raised here. Love it. Wouldnt want to be anywhere else. People always complain its boring but Im a homebody anyway so I wouldnt attend things even if they were on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    a bit further from you - Gwelup
    I'm not far from you ladies either, just in Doubleview

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie83 For This Useful Post:

babycart  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Perthies :)

Oh I used to live in doubleview
    Last edited by MummaJez; 16-02-2013 at 12:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freo girl here! Love, love, love living here! Perth can be quiet but our beaches make up for it!

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Hey all

I'm a SOR girl. Currently 40+3 weeks pregnant. Hating yet loving the heat. So excited to meet my baby when it finally decides to arrive...

Lived in Perth since I was 3, but spent 2 yrs in Darwin, moved back last year. No air con here either but I have my mums pool. Lol.

Love it here, but missing Darwin and the laid back atmosphere up there. This is very hustle and bustle compared to there.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Smidget - I was born and bred in Perth- but moved to Darwin for 2 years and loved it. We've been back here since 2005, but I'd live there again in a heartbeat, even though Perth's always been home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Jeez the bogans in Perth do my head in. Headed to Innaloo (seriously, what a name) tonight to get our Indian take away and I lost count of the Holden ute bogans driving everywhere and I mean the cashed up kind in the suped up utes that I'm sure never go near an actual building site.

I know bogans are everywhere but I was pretty inoculated from them in Mebourne where we lived. I get so sick of seeing them donut every time they turn a corner.

I have my days when I just feel about the fact we live here but mostly it's good. DH has a fantastic job as do I and we are able to give our kids a life we probably couldn't afford in Melbourne. And I love that they are so water confident. DD1 started surfing lessons over summer which she would never have done in Melbourne.
    I'm not sure if you've heard it before Sonja (I'm sure everyone has but....) Would you rather live Innaloo or Upper Swan..... *boom boom*. (low snigger in the crowd).

As for me, I'm never sure what to classify where I live as. I grew up SOR, moved to innercity (Mount Lawley) when studying, then to Geraldton after graduation, then out to Northam and now I'm eastern hills. I started sneaking closer to Perth from Northam, but still work in Northam one day a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Oh I used to live in doubleview now in Wembley
    I'm in Trigg. I do love it here.

Yes and I'd rather not live Upper Swan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Perthies :)

We do have some odd names.. Duncraig, upper swan, innaloo, Cockburn (hopefully it allows that)...

I'm SOR but grew up nor..

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    *Giggle*
    My brother lives in Jane Brook (but technically I think he lives Upper Swan

Although we do venture down to Innaloo and Karrinyup a bit - we used to go to Trigg beach a bit (when we had dogs and probably will do again when we get a new dog.

My step kids live Yanchep/Clarkson - so NOR isn't foreign to us.