Closed Thread
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another perthie here also, I have lived her since I was 2.5 and only ever remember living here.

I am NOR and love it! Perth is a beautiful place to live although it has been hot lately. We have a crappy air con we don't run often but grateful for putting our pool in late last year!! Been a lifesaver especially for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Perthies :)

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Welcome ladies!!!

I don't know how some of you survive with no air con! We have a crappy little box one in our back living room which suffices but when it's hot we bring out spare mattress and sleep in there too!
    Unfortunately, living at my parents I don't have much choice! We move into our own house in 2 and a half weeks and that place has evap air con. Can't wait to have my own space again

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey everyone
    I'm about 130km SE of Perth but close enough.

I was born up north but moved down here by my first birthday and I'm hate hate hating the heat. No sea breeze where I am and I can't wait till winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Jeez the bogans in Perth do my head in. Headed to Innaloo (seriously, what a name) tonight to get our Indian take away and I lost count of the Holden ute bogans driving everywhere and I mean the cashed up kind in the suped up utes that I'm sure never go near an actual building site.

I know bogans are everywhere but I was pretty inoculated from them in Mebourne where we lived. I get so sick of seeing them donut every time they turn a corner.

I have my days when I just feel about the fact we live here but mostly it's good. DH has a fantastic job as do I and we are able to give our kids a life we probably couldn't afford in Melbourne. And I love that they are so water confident. DD1 started surfing lessons over summer which she would never have done in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Perthies :)

Hi. We live SOR and have now lived in Perth for 10 years from Sydney.

I had our 4th baby last Sunday so have missed the heat this week as I've spent it feeding my newborn on the couch in the aircon while hubby does the school runs.

We really love living in Perth and I can't imagine raising a family anywhere else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Hi all,

But I would not like to have no air-con. Our evep system has been on for 4 days straight! Sleeping without a cool house sucks big time and I HATED summer when I was prego!

Good to meet you all!
    Agreed. No idea how you pregnant ladies without air con are doing it.

I promised myself when I had my DS that I wouldn't be that pregnant in summer again. Opps, forgot to think about that at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Hey all

I'm a SOR girl. Currently 40+3 weeks pregnant. Hating yet loving the heat. So excited to meet my baby when it finally decides to arrive...

Bet you must be over it Smidget, I keep hoping this one will be born soon. Unfortunately I don't think it's that likely as my DS was 8 days past 40 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Perthies :)

MummaJez great idea for a thread

Another NOR Perthian here

I love Perth but I'm not loving the weather this summer I just don't know what has happened to me, I use to love the heat but ever since having a baby I'm always HOT even in winter it's bizarre.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by StellarMaris View Post
    Agreed. No idea how you pregnant ladies without air con are doing it.

I promised myself when I had my DS that I wouldn't be that pregnant in summer again. Opps, forgot to think about that at the time!

Bet you must be over it Smidget, I keep hoping this one will be born soon. Unfortunately I don't think it's that likely as my DS was 8 days past 40 weeks.
    I've always been a summer girl. Down the beach or in the pool, but this summer has been difficult. I overheat if I'm in the sun so I can only go in my mums pool in the arvo and beach is ruled out! If I wasn't pregnant I'd be fine, even without the aircon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sooz80 View Post
    Another Perthie here - well I've been here for 4 and a half years. I do find it a little quiet compared to Manchester (especially the music scene), but it suits me overall. I'm in Hamersley, but moving to Karrinyup. Currently sitting at work overlooking the Swan River, trying to avoid writing a report...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Hey Suz I owe you a phone call. When are you moving to k'nup? We'll virtually be neighbours!
    .....any practically spitting distance to me!

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    MummaJez great idea for a thread

Another NOR Perthian here

I love Perth but I'm not loving the weather this summer I just don't know what has happened to me, I use to love the heat but ever since having a baby I'm always HOT even in winter it's bizarre.
    I didn't know you were a Perthie LoCo......always thought you were Melbourne....no idea why.

DH and I are a bit nomadic. We moved here from Melbourne when DD1 was 9weeks old and have been here about 3 1/2 years now.

wonder who else will come out of the woodwork

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm just north of Scarborough (walking distance). Where are you?