Closed Thread
Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me neither Jez but the idea of them just freaks me out. I dont like crowds....I can only handle a mosh pit if Im at the very front so I can get pulled out if its too much for me (which happened at LP.....almost broke a rib and dislocated my shoulder....was worth it though Lol) Before the concert started someone about 4rows behind me spewed and we told the security guy and he was all "yeah?....and what am I supposed to do about that? Crowd surf him out if he wants out, thats about all we can do" ..and that was BEFORE the lights went out and it was noisey. Id FREAK if I was stuck and couldnt get out

Anyway, yeah not a fan of festivals Lol Id be paranoid my water would get spiked or Id be breathing in someones weed smoke or Id pee my pants while waiting for a port-a-loo haha The line up for Soundwave is amazing though....I dare say if I wasnt pregnant and had the money I would have gone and stood waayyyyyy at the back for LP and Metallica at least.
    I saw Blink 182 a million years ago when I was in high school so no real urge to see them again, especially without Travis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    So are Myztik and I the only ones going to Soundwave????

No other Linkin Park/Paramore/Offspring/Blink 182/Garbage/.....fans out there?
    We don't have anyone to look after the kids during the day / afternoon / night so no chance of us going to festivals anymore.

In my day, I went to BDO, Livid, Homegrown (Byron Bay), Rock above the Falls (Victorian one) - all of them. I saw Garbage over 17 years ago I reckon. Didn't know they still existed. DH and I used to spend all our summer uni holidays driving around and camping at festivals. Those days are long gone for us now.

Like I said, Neil Young tonight. Definitely showing our age - might even get to sit down through the whole thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have only ever been to stereosonic, I would have loved to go to future music this year but haven't had the money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I know why I have never been. That kind of thing would do my head. It's really my worst nightmare lol

I can barely handle pink, robbie Williams, beyonce and JT type concerts- JUST handle. Those festivals aren't usually my type of music but there are a few bands I wouldn't have minded seeing.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm over my mosh pit days. I stand up the back on any high ground I can find so I can actually see the entire stage and the band. Not just te head of the big boot in front of me lol. Although being a short *** always helps in a mosh pit because you can squeeze through gaps and get to the front and I fin at heavy metal gigs the big burly guys tend to form a barricade around the girls so they don't get hurt.
    I was seated for Metallicas last tour and loved it because I wasn't spending time fighting to keep my place and could just enjoy the show (and it was awesome).

We used to do BDO and the Rockit Festival every year. Rockit was smaller but still a great atmosphere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's Nick Cave next week that has me excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Trying to kill time before spotlight opens. Hooray to Sunday trading!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so Spotlight is open today? DP and I were discussing that this morning in the shower. We were supposed to go yesterday but didnt and were considering going today.

Any idea what time the Cockburn store opens? And also, does anyone know if that baby store just next to it is open on Sundays too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg can't believe you guys are talking spotlight I "just" asked DH if they sell curtains (temporary ones for a rental) what a coincidence.

Does anyone know if spotlight sell curtains and rods? Does bunnings maybe? Does anyone know anywhere else?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LoCo Spotlight does sell curtains & rods

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-03-2013)