Closed Thread
Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Perthies :)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Same. DS got out of bed and came to tell me his head hurt and he was hot and then the news ad came on with that story. Freaked me out. DP had meninococcal a few years before we met and almost died....was at the point where the doctors told his parents to go say goodbye to him but he pulled through. So Ive had a bit of a fear of it cos its vicious enough to almost take him down and he is a tough cookie.
    Omg that is terrible I'm so glad he pulled through!! Wow that would have been so awful. How long did it take him to recover?

Argh and people wonder why I get DS to wash his hands. These big germs are scary

I get real worried when DS gets fevers or a slight rash

Wonder if they will release any further details.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He was sick with severe SEVERE flu like symptoms for the day...and by night was in hospital. Main reason he survived was because he happened to be at the hospital when the rash appeared. Was sitting infront of the doctor and lifted his shirt and the rash was literally appearing and spreading before their eyes. Doctor apparently freaked out and he was transferred to another hospital by ambo. The next day he was out of emergency...the following week he was out of hospital.Apparently his heart was thumping soo hard when he was in emergency that it was shaking the bed he was on. They gave him 3 times the amount of adrenaline than most people can handle in an attempt to keep his heart going. When he was in recovery they had 3 taps in his neck in his neck connected to a 12inch tube that went directly to his heart which was for antobiotics.Im soooooo glad I didnt know him when this was happening. I would have been a wreck! He is fully recovered but his heart does thump pretty hard normally now and his body tired fast.

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg! I'm reading this horrified!!! How bloody scary the poor thing. I am so glad he was at the hospital. That freaks me out the most, how quickly the disease can do damage so glad he fully recovered!

Gee how are you to know if it's a flu or something more serious?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He said he was soo severely ill that one should kind of 'know' that something is wrong. Apparently he was sitting as close to a gas heater as he could with layers of clothes on and a doona and was still shivering ..which is the point at which his mum took his to hospital.

I think its one of those things.....total fate and unluckiness unfortunately. Im a germaphobe too yet I work with kids LOL One of the kids at work has a horror cough this last week and it scares the cr@p out of me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds really frightening poor guy. Does he have any idea where he may have caught it?

I'm a massive germaphobic too. I work with a lot of patients coming in and out with their kids. I wash my hands a lot, use hand sanitizer, spray glen 20 when needed and do not touch my nose or mouth unless thoroughly cleaned lol

Such a loser but sometimes you have to be careful. Specially now I'm pregnant. Its Even scarier getting a flu or gastro (my two biggest fears -apart from the obvious bug scary diseases ect)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has no idea. As far as I know even 'they' dont know where it comes from which makes it even scarier.

I know, being pregnant just amplifies the paranoia doesnt it? My first blood test for this pregnancy came back saying I have a low immunity to rubella so the doctor said to steer clear of people with rashes....cant help but try stay away from kids with rashes at work, even a sweat rash Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh rashes. They are scary!!!

Even scarier 'they' don't know where it comes from. They must be doing a lot of research on it. The vax don't include meningococcal do they? I can't remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what's everyone up to this long weekend??? We are going to mandurah. Not overly exciting or far but feels like a mini holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't even know it was one how sad ! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol your too busy watching MKR

(As am I lol)