Closed Thread
Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Perthies :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    Would you like my 2 year old?
    Lol no thanks I already have a crazy hypo 3 year old!

Still bored now though. He had an early night tonight!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
    Ditto! I have to watch the monster trucks on
    DAMMIT! I knew there was something we were supposed to watch tonight. Thankfully I didnt tell DS or he'd be maaaaaaaad....although if I had told him he might of reminded me.

Thanks
    Reviews

I missed the David Attenborough documentary poooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky View Post
    I've never been to Karrinyup! Mind you, I do live SOR ...

I'm hoping that we're not in for too many more of these hot spells.I picked up the keys today to the little shack we are moving to in Mandurah and in this weather it was quite pleasant. It has a window aircon in the lounge, but, not one single powerpoint in the entire room to plug it into! We're going to be running leads from the kitchen to power the aircon and tv lol. I think it may just be worth getting a sparky in to wire in a new powerpoint if it is possible ...

The house itself has plenty of incidental aircon ie. missing louvre windows, holes in the walls and floors etc. I keep reminding myself that we are moving here to save money so that we can buy a house of our own. We have free reign from the landlord to do anything to the place short of knocking it down, so a lick of paint and a little bit of maintenance will be happening before the really cool weather and rains kick in for the year.

If anyone knows of a cheap 3 tonne truck hire place, please let me know. We need one for next weekend when DH gets home so we can get the furniture moved out. I don't have a heck of a lot of money to hire it, sadly and our car doesn't have a tow bar to go down the horse float route ...
    We used budget a month ago and got a 3 tonne truck with tail lift for $109/day with free kms too. Also check the air con power supply as some run on 15 amps which requires a different extension cord and power outlet.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 23-02-2013 at 23:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Speaking of David Attenborough - is anyone else planning to see his talk in June? It's a tad on the expensive side, but I think I'm going to go...

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    We used budget a month ago and got a 3 tonne truck with tail lift for $109/day with free kms too. Also check the air con power supply as some run on 15 amps which requires a different extension cord and power outlet.
    Thanks! Ironically, I had a 3 tonne Budget truck in my driveway for almost 2 years as it was Dh's work vehicle and I have driven a selection of their trucks over that time! The only issue with hiring a truck is they tend to want to hold a deposit which is going to be a little hard as we don't have a credit card and the debit card needs the $600 or so extra in the account to work. Thinking I might just go with one of the people advertising a truck and 2 guys for around $100ph - we should be able to get it all done in less than 4 hours with their help and DH and I will make sure everything is dismantled and downstairs so it will just be a case of loading and unloading the truck.

The aircon is the same as one we've had in a previous rental that just needed to be plugged into an ordinary wall socket - we just need the wall socket now! Hopefully it works otherwise that's another expense that I really didn't want.

DH has asked me to put off the actual move until the Tuesday after the public holiday so I have a bit longer to pack but, the Property manager wants to open the house for inspection this Tuesday afternoon so I'm now frantically getting the place into "nobody will trip and break their necks" and "a heck of a lot cleaner" condition.

Apparently, there are a heap of people lining up to rent the place at $450 a week. I honestly don't think it is anywhere near worth it. It looks impressive from the outside (double storey, large yard etc) but it is the most impractical house I have ever lived in!

There are no doors seperating the living areas and the bedrooms so all of the nose travels. The master bedroom is ridiculously large and the minor bedrooms are very small singles ie. single bed and small chest of drawers only in them - any more and you wouldn't be able to move! Highly polished wooden floors that scratch the second you look at them and white carpet on the stairs and the top level - fantastic for a rental, not! There is an outdoor area, only problem is you can only access it through the laundry and it is a long way from the kitchen.

The plus side is that we have a group of wonderful neighbours who look out for each other and quickly welcomed us when we moved in 2 years ago.

So over moving!

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel really sad for the family who lost their little one to meningococcal

They haven't released any details of anything yet

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    28 degrees at 10pm...whaaaaaaat! Ick.

Thanks
    Reviews

Is it really? Our house is fairly cool ATM.

We shoukd get some good rain later this week with that cyclone up north. It's cat 4 so it's going to be a big one. Hope everyone up there is safe and battened down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    I feel really sad for the family who lost their little one to meningococcal

They haven't released any details of anything yet
    Same. DS got out of bed and came to tell me his head hurt and he was hot and then the news ad came on with that story. Freaked me out. DP had meninococcal a few years before we met and almost died....was at the point where the doctors told his parents to go say goodbye to him but he pulled through. So Ive had a bit of a fear of it cos its vicious enough to almost take him down and he is a tough cookie.