Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1135
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so blah and been seriously missing my friends in sydney this week.

Probably because I've been just shy of a hermit and not met many people in the 2.5 years I've been here.

** sent from outer space **

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

mummtime101  (21-05-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    OK yesterday I went roller skating at Morley. Really. I loved it, the kids hated it after the first 10 minutes. DD kept heading for the car skates and all. Does anyone else skate? Any recommendations? It ticks a few boxes for exercise for me so I wouldn't mind going by my self. Thanks!
    I've loved going rollerskating with the kids. I bought my DD some Dora skates (with wrist, elbow and knee pads in a bag) off a facebook page for $5, and she loves going so she can wear her stuff. My DS likes it as well, but he prefers ice skating.

I like finding vouchers - I have an ace card, and use the vouchers they have in the West Australian every school holidays.

I agree, once I took them a couple of times, I found it really great to go round by myself. Especially now they're older. It does wonders for your abs when they hang onto you and you have to work more on your balance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha same......it's hard to find friends because people already have groups.......

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's where I found this site to be really good. I started friendships with some who were in the same birth groups, then narrowed it down to Perthies, (of course kept the birth groups on fb), but have also done Perth meets at different times.

Haven't been to a Perth meet for a bit (depends on work and timing), but while the first couple are a bit daunting, I've made some friends who I really treasure. Also have some great friends interstate through here now.

I had an opportunity to go to a conference in Brisbane a couple of years ago - I made a couple of "dates" while I was there, to meet some of my birth group, then another "date" to meet some of the others I'd just started chatting to in like minded "fun" threads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably would help if I got more than 4 hours sleep a night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wtf bub hub... a blank post? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe if you got more than 4 hours sleep at night you could see that it wasn't a blank post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummtime101 View Post
    Haha same......it's hard to find friends because people already have groups.......
    I figure when you find some people you "click" with it's worth the risk. Sure some groups are pretty closed when you try to get together with them. Just means it's not the group for "me". I've certainly felt most people already have groups, but then there's always another round the corner who will welcome new members. Takes courage to keep putting yourself out there, but it's usually worth it, when you find some new confidantes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bahahaha. There was soooo a blank post in between the other two... im not crazy I swear.

Yeah I kind of get put off really easily. I've never found it easy to.make friends and always feel.like the odd one out. That would be thanks to my awesome time of growing up.

People who think bullying makes people stronger are urged to check out my damaged self. Lol