+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    You should be so proud of yourself. Well done!

im so very pleased to be pregnant again- but I feel like I was doing well with weight loss for the first time in ages, so sad about stopping that. Still walking an hour every night I can. And still following all the weight loss stories here.
    Yeah whilst you can't "diet" exactly, it doesn't mean you can't still eat super healthy and exercise throughout this pregnancy- I hardly gained a thing during my last pregnancy, in fact I lost a few k's during the first trimester due to eating really healthy for the baby! By the end of it I'd only gained around 6 kilo's (which, if count the baby, placenta etc, meant no actual weight gain for me personally)It was only after the birth, maybe 2 months after, that I started to put on due to inactivity and poor food choices. Suddenly my post baby body just went to sh!t! Exact same thing happened to me with DS.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-03-2013 at 13:16.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Week 3, day 5-
    today so far breakfast (I was staaaarving!) 2 pieces wholemeal toast with scrambled eggs (made using 2 eggs and light mik)and some tomato.

Yesteday I forgot to update- breakfast- none. Lunch- leftover steak on toasted wholemeal bread, lettuce, tomato. Dinner- 1 wholemeal muffin topped with cottage cheese and tomato.

There's a new cheese that I saw advertised today, it's called Kraft 'Live Free' (or something) and is like 60% lower in fat than other so cslled "light" cheese. Yum! I love cheese and am getting very tired of always eating cottage cheese, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Week 3, day 6

Breakfast- 1 wholemeal muffin with cottage chese, a boiled egg, lettuce and tomato

Snack- belvita bix

Lunch- 1 cup-a-soup, 1 Ryvita rye biscuit topped with..... cottage cheese again!

Dinner- spaghetti bol with wholemeal pasta and lean beef mince

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today being the first day of week 4, should be update/weigh in, but I don't really count my first day as being the 15th Feb when this whole thing began because I had a couple of dodgey days there so made Monday 18th feb my official start date- so will weigh in and report back on Monday. Having said that, I am obsessed with weighing myself, I know it's bad but I can't help myself. I do it at least twice a day!
    Anyway- Week 4, day 1So far have only had breakfast, which was a piece of wholemeal toast with vegemite and a boiled egg. Exciting stuff.
    Back later to update......

well it's later and here's my update:
    No actual soild meal really for the rest of the day and night, I just found myself having bits and pieces of stuff; a few spoonfuls vegie soup which was what DD left over from her lunch- a plum- 3 little ricotta and spinach triangle pastizzi's, 1 chicken nugget (just stole it from DS's dinner lol) and later in the evening I made a big batch DD's baby food to freeze in meal portions for the week and had a small bowl of mixed steamed vegies fom that.
    Right now I have DD's vegie patties cooking in the oven and I'll have one of those as well when they're ready because it's the first time I've made them so I have to taste test.Also had about a quarter of a choc easter bunny :-)
    Not sure how I feel about my eating habits tonight :/
    Tomorrow is grocery shop day so I'll stock up again on good stuff.

Oh, and a glass of orange juice! I haven't had an orange juice since I started this blog and I craved one today- it was from a bought bottle, very high in sugar but oh well. I'm over drinking plain water or soda water. You gotta live a little! Whoa, hard core OJ!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 08-03-2013 at 20:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling good today.

Breakfast- 2 weetbix with milk and yoghurt

Lunch- 1 wholemeal muffin with baked beans and cottage cheese

Dinner- Cajun chicken salad

Exercise- 40 min walk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you make the Cajun chicken salad yourself? What do you put in it? I'm always keen for some more healthy meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Do you make the Cajun chicken salad yourself? What do you put in it? I'm always keen for some more healthy meals.
    It's so simple to do because I cheat and just use a Cajun spice mix.
    I sprinkle over skinless chicken breast cut into strips and cook them under the grill and then toss them through a salad- put whatever you like in the salad- I just used the basics, mixed leaves and tomato, as the chicken gives all of the yumminess anyway! It was literally that easy and was probably the tastiest meal I've had all week

Today's eats:

Breakfast- 2 weetbix with light milk and a handful of pitted cherries

snack- banana

Lunch- same as yesterday but used wholemeal toast instead of the muffin- I've realised that this meal fills me up and keeps me full for the whole afternoon and evening- for dinner I only feel like something very light after having the baked beans on toast for lunch. I'm going to make this a regular lunch meal I think I also jazzed it up with some sweet chili sauce. Yum!

Dinner- 2 Ryvita biscuits with cottage cheese, lettuce and tomato. Also had a chicken drumstick with honey soy marinade- didn't plan on it but had made them for DS's dinner and there was 1 extra, so.... It was skin on, too... so bad, me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I might cheat with you and grab the mix and make a salad. Sounds nice and simple..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weighed myself- happy to report that I am at least 4 kilos down!
    I say at least because I don't have a digital scale but I can see that I'm a little over 4 kilos lost, not sure how many grams over.
    I'm really not surprised because I've really cut back (to pretty much zero) on everything high in sugar/fat/carbs and have not even had a proper glass of soda (only very low cal ones or water/soda water), even cut out coffee all together because I usually take it with 2 sugars and don't like the taste with less so just eliminated it altogether. I've earned this loss!
    I was expecting to lose around 1- 1.5 per week so on track there

Week 4, day 4-

So far..

Breakfast- 2 weetbix, light milk and a handful of pitted cherries....

Off on my walk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray!!! That is fantastic, 4kg! Keep up the good work

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Louy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-03-2013)