+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Week 2, day 2:

Well just did a big grocery shop and stoked up on heaps of healthy goodies. Feeling great today. I weighed myself again this morning and I could actually be 2 kilo's down by the looks of things- although I don't trust my scale! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and see what it says.

Today:

Breakfast- bowl Special K with full milk (ran out of light) and sliced banana

Lunch- a wholemeal English muffin topped with cottage cheese and approx half tin baked beans.

So far, so good

update, Dinner:

Salt n pepper crumbed Sole fish fillet with mash potato and salad. Yarm!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-02-2013 at 18:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today started off great- a bowl of cereal for breakfast (uncle Toby's Plus) and a good session on the bike. But then I went out visiting family- first stop was dad's and as soon as I saw the spread he put out for nibbles I knew that I'd be making Sundays my "relax day". Not saying I planned to gorge, lol, but just allow myself to relax and have a bloody crisp if I wanted it! And I did. But not many at all, actually. Had a single piece of yummy babybel cheese (oh cheese, how I've missed you!) a handful of potato chips and a few water crackers. Not so bad. I only drank water.
    Next was mum's house- why does my mother have to be such a good cook and have such tasty snacks on offer? Had some dip and rice crackers. I love dip, I could probably eat a whole pack in one sitting if I wanted! But thankfully I didn't haha.
    Dinner she cooked for me was probably not ideal diet wise; chicken drummets, yummy delicious cheesy potato bake with bacon and onions , aaaand a salad!

I look at it this way- I've eaten like a saint all week, pretty much totally eliminating all processed food/sugar/junk and bad carbs, controlled my portion size and lost 2 kilos. I'm not eating mum's dinners everyday and will continue with what I have been doing all week tomorrow. I allowed myself a worry free day, enjoyed good food and great company. I don't feel bad
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 24-02-2013 at 20:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You've done really well the whole week, and it sounds like you kept an eye on what you ate and ate an amazing meal that you loved. We always deserve to enjoy a good meal and not stress once in a while. I think you did that fine. You should be so proud of yourself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    You've done really well the whole week, and it sounds like you kept an eye on what you ate and ate an amazing meal that you loved. We always deserve to enjoy a good meal and not stress once in a while. I think you did that fine. You should be so proud of yourself.
    aww thank you! You are lovely

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

Your mums dinner sounds delicious! It's important to relax every now and then what I'm finding hard is getting back into it as my old pattern just kept prolonging the relax day like forever! Haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Louy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louy View Post
    Your mums dinner sounds delicious! It's important to relax every now and then what I'm finding hard is getting back into it as my old pattern just kept prolonging the relax day like forever! Haha
    That was exactly what happened to me at the start of this year- I ate really well for about a week, again lost between 1-2 kilos, but had a bad couple of days that just ruined it for me- went out for Chinese food one night for a family thing and had Macca's a couple of days later when I was out with people and just thought, stuff it, I've ruined everything... and then gave up on myself. That's why I wanted to do this 8 week challenge so bad and why I said in my very first post that I wont be denying myself the occasional "bad" food- because I feel that it's in my plan now, to allow something naughty here and there but stay on the right track 99% of the time. Now I don't feel like I screwed up or whatever, I just allowed myself a single day to switch off. If I'm going to follow this healthy eating stuff for the rest of my life (like they say, make changes, don't diet) then ofcourse I've gotta expect that there will be occasions where I'll indulge a little
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 25-02-2013 at 09:57. Reason: typos- it's the keyboard, not me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

We sound very similar! I'm also aiming for long term control and relearning how to stay on track after a blowout. It's hard work isn't it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louy View Post
    We sound very similar! I'm also aiming for long term control and relearning how to stay on track after a blowout. It's hard work isn't it!
    Yes it certainly is. Sometimes I just feel really overwhelmed with it all and it consumes my every thought. But then I push through the negative. Funnily enough though, I'm strangely becoming addicted to is new way of eating/exercising.. it has given me a real lift and positivity; I'm not moping around hating myself (as much ) because I know that I'm doing something that will eventually result in a slimmer, happier me. It has become my new little hobby in a way- I like waking up thinking about the healthy foods I'll eat today and enjoy my exercise. And I can already feel the difference in my body- not so much physically (yet), but I feel like everything is working better because I'm eating hardly any processed junk.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 25-02-2013 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Week 2, day 4

Breakfast- diet shake

Lunch- wholemeal toast with lettuce, tomato, cottage cheese and an egg

snack #1- 2 cruskits with cottage cheese, cucumber, tomato, tinned chicken.

Dinner- Pork wrap with salad

Snack #2- bowl of Uncle Toby's cereal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Week 2, day 5:

Breakfast- 1 wholemeal English muffin with avocado, cottage cheese and a boiled egg

Lunch- diet shake

Dinner- takeaway- Vietnemese prawn dumpling soup with rice noodles

It was a busy day and I was flat out and on the go all day and I didn't have time for any snacks. I did get in my 40 minute fast paced walk though.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 26-02-2013 at 23:56.