+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Day 6, week 1

Breakfast- diet shake, banana

Lunch- vegetable soup

Snack- cottage cheese, tomato, capsicum on 2 corn thins

Dinner- grilled lamb steak with steamed brown rice, about half a potato, carrot, sweet potato. Tomato and capsicum.

Exercise- 40 minute face paced walk.

I may go for another walk again later tonight as well.
    A good day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like an excellent day. Well done

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have now made exercising a priority; before yesterday, it kept falling to the bottom of my list and by the end of the day I hadn't seemed to have fit it in. But it's the first thing I'm doing after breakfast now, regardless.

Today so far:

Breakfast- diet shake

exercise- 40 minute fast paced walk (I plan on going again tonight if it cools down)

snack- 4 Belvita oat biscuits, small serve yoghurt

Lunch- small piece of grilled lamb steak, 1 slice wholemeal bread, a little grated cheese

Will be back to update dinner, which i think will be the last of my vegie soup- it has taken over my fridge and freezer, made waaay too much!

*not to self- make smaller batch of vegie soup next time, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking that this change in my diet is making me exhausted and really zapping my energy levels... I could barely keep my eyes open this afternoon and actually slept with DD for an hour and a half- which I never do, never nap during the day and if I didn't have to get up I could have easily slept the day away.

Loving this change in the weather here in Melb, now just willing the rain to stay away until MKR starts lol.. that way I can hopefully fit in another walk before I settle in to watch it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't get around to my evening walk because of the weather! Not to worry, will make up for it tomorrow.
    Dinner- 1 piece wholemeal toast topped with baked beans and cottage cheese.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-02-2013 at 12:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Week 2 Day 1:

Ok, time to get serious! Week one I had some ups and downs but I think I'll consider it my "practice" week and now that I have found my niche so to speak I'm alot more confident in succeeding.

Today so far:

Breakfast- diet shake, half a banana (shared with DD )

Lunch- vegie soup

snack- 2 cruskits topped with cottage cheese.

Arvo tea- wholemeal sandwich with lettuce, tuna and a little grated cheese

exercise, my usual speedy walk with DD in her pram. Will definitely start using my exercise bike this weekend as well.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-02-2013 at 13:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looks like you are doing really well! It's great to make exercise a priority - I do, it comes before housework for me. It gets easier when it's a habit and part of your normal routine. I can really feel the difference now if I skip a few days, I get so cranky.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's exactly what I have discovered- if I don't do it straight after breakfast it gets pushed back and wont happen. It already feels like routine now

I weighed myself today and I'm one kilo down

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

tootiredtosleep  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Week 2, day 2:

Well just did a big grocery shop and stoked up on heaps of healthy goodies. Feeling great today. I weighed myself again this morning and I could actually be 2 kilo's down by the looks of things- although I don't trust my scale! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and see what it says.

Today:

Breakfast- bowl Special K with full milk (ran out of light) and sliced banana

Lunch- a wholemeal English muffin topped with cottage cheese and approx half tin baked beans.

So far, so good

update, Dinner:

Salt n pepper crumbed Sole fish fillet with mash potato and salad. Yarm!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-02-2013 at 18:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today started off great- a bowl of cereal for breakfast (uncle Toby's Plus) and a good session on the bike. But then I went out visiting family- first stop was dad's and as soon as I saw the spread he put out for nibbles I knew that I'd be making Sundays my "relax day". Not saying I planned to gorge, lol, but just allow myself to relax and have a bloody crisp if I wanted it! And I did. But not many at all, actually. Had a single piece of yummy babybel cheese (oh cheese, how I've missed you!) a handful of potato chips and a few water crackers. Not so bad. I only drank water.
    Next was mum's house- why does my mother have to be such a good cook and have such tasty snacks on offer? Had some dip and rice crackers. I love dip, I could probably eat a whole pack in one sitting if I wanted! But thankfully I didn't haha.
    Dinner she cooked for me was probably not ideal diet wise; chicken drummets, yummy delicious cheesy potato bake with bacon and onions , aaaand a salad!

I look at it this way- I've eaten like a saint all week, pretty much totally eliminating all processed food/sugar/junk and bad carbs, controlled my portion size and lost 2 kilos. I'm not eating mum's dinners everyday and will continue with what I have been doing all week tomorrow. I allowed myself a worry free day, enjoyed good food and great company. I don't feel bad
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 24-02-2013 at 20:51.