+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

So........ did a little grocery shopping today- bought NO sugary soft drinks, instead just got some soda water which I can mix with some lemon. That's a start.I don't want to deprive myself this time, I think that was my downfall last time I tried to lose some weight- moderation is the key and, within reason, I will allow myself what I want but make much healthier versions. Eg, tonight I fancy spaghetti bol (usually a big no no when I'm dieting) but I thought stuff it, I'm having it! So I bought wholemeal pasta and some nice King Island premium beef mince and I'll make a nice low fat sauce to go with it and most importantly, I will serve myself a small portion. Because it's a lifestyle change for me and if I start denying myself my fave foods I'll end up chucking in the towel lie I did last time.Breakfasts I plan on having a boiled egg, mushrooms, tomato and instead of butter spread on white toast, I have avocado and wholemeal or multigrain bread. That or a healthy cereal. My two fave top filling and satisfying foods are for sure eggs and the humble banana. And.NO.ALCOHOL!8 weeks ladies, I'm with yas! Since having DD a little over 6 months ago I have had trouble shaking 10 (ish) kilos.... So for now, my aim is lose 10kg in 8 weeks. That would be FABULOUS! I might have a stray few to lose after that, but, one goal at a time.Here we go.......
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 15-02-2013 at 13:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

That's a fantastic plan! I looooove wholemeal pasta, it doesn't get gluggy like white pasta, either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    That's a fantastic plan! I looooove wholemeal pasta, it doesn't get gluggy like white pasta, either!
    ooh good to know! This will be the first time I've actually cooked with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the idea of soda water with lemon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it's a refreshing change to water. You can also jazz it up with slices of lime and mint leaves. (And then it's only a shot glass of vodka away from being a Mojito! )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post
    Yep it's a refreshing change to water. You can also jazz it up with slices of lime and mint leaves. (And then it's only a shot glass of vodka away from being a Mojito! )
    And... Now we're talkin'! Hello Happy Friday

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Love this idea! All your plans sound great

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Louy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I made the whole family spaghetti bol for dinner and both DH and DS initially turned their noses up at my suggestion of using wholemeal pasta. But I did anyway and they both LOVED it! I was really surprised as I could hardly tell the difference and if anything it was much tastier than usual
    And Goblin Queen, you were right- no sticky/gluggy bits at all.
    I felt like something sweet/chocolatey after dinner and popped an Up and Go in the freezer and it was delish and totally hit the craving
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 15-02-2013 at 17:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

And Goblin Queen, you were right- no sticky/gluggy bits at all.
    I felt like something sweet/chocolatey after dinner and popped an Up and Go in the freezer and it was delish and totally hit the craving
    Isn't it just the best! I will say, it's harder to twirl on a fork lol but it's a thousand times tastier!

That is a genius idea!!! Fairly healthy and a great substitute for ice cream!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Up N Go's contain about 3 different kinds of sugar. Not at all healthy

ETA: just pulled brother's up n Go's out of fridge to check: cane sugar, wheat maltodextrin, fructose and inulin, also corn syrup solids. So hey I was wrong, there's 5 different kinds for a total of 20% sugar per 250ml serving time to find a new treat
    Last edited by Marepoppin; 15-02-2013 at 18:02.