+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Final 5

Starting weight: 60kg
    Goal weight: 55kg

So 2 years ago I was almost 80kg and miserable. I'm way too short to carry that much extra weight. One day i decided enough was enough and that I had to lose weight. Some stress at work helped me along.

I've lost 20kg by cutting out most sugar and dairy (lactose intolerance helped too). it's been 2 years since I had chocolate, choc bikkies, lollies, ice-cream etc and I don't even miss them.

I lost the weight doing wii fit, exercise DVDs and eating what I like to call a Nanna diet. I knew this would be forever, it's a lifestyle now.

My Nanna diet is based on what I used to eat when pregnant with GD, only not so much. It's all basic family food, nothing fancy or expensive, just everyday stuff. Lately I've been snacking a little too much. My iron is low so I think that's why.

To lose my final 5kg I really don't want to mess with my diet, just tighten it up and make sure I'm not sneaking any extra snacks in. I've found if I don't eat enough I will lose weight, but it doesn't stay off, just creeps back on when I eat normally again.

So I will need to literally work my butt off to get results. My plan is to use a combo of exercise DVDs, walking/jogging and the gym. My body has gotten used to certain exercises and what I am doing now is just enough to maintain it.

I plan on doing a dvd today and tomorrow. Next week I am having some day surgery and will probably need to rest a few days, then I will be back into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Final 5

I'm interested in what your "Nanna diet" actually consists of? You've lost an amazing amount of weight already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Goblin, it's a never ending journey!

My Nanna diet is boring, routine eating basically, with a balanced carb diet. I need carbs, I can't imagine a lifetime without them, so I try and balance them out over the day. I do my best not to skip snacks too, if I don't eat on schedule it stuffs my appetite and I overeat.

This is what I try and eat daily. I think this is fairly realistic long term too, I am a big believer in the saying "start as you mean to go".

Breakfast:

2 slices wholemeal/grain toast with a little butter and honey (funny that honey doesn't give me a buzz like sugar does?)
    cup of coffee

Snack:

piece of fruit or nut bar or crackers and cheese, celery and carrot sticks. I make sure a snack doesn't have more than 15g carbs. Some of those "diet" yoghurts have twice that.

Lunch:

Sandwich with salad or
    4 cruskits with cheese and tomato
    and a piece of fruit

Snack:

Same as above

Dinner:

Whatever we are having, just an average serve.

Supper:

Sometimes I will have nuts - just a small handful if I feel hungry. I should only do this a few times a week.

And that's it. Simple really. I've learnt that my body doesn't cope well with sugar, I used to crave it so badly and was on a constant roller coaster of highs and lows. Lots of people I know avoid nuts thinking they are too high in fat, but for me, fat (from nuts) is good, they are filling and don't spike my sugar levels.

I've just finished a workout - Michelle Bridges - Project Ripped. OMG, I laughed, I yelled at the TV, I had a tear or two and I felt nauseous, not to mention I am now bright red. Great workout! It was hard, but I got through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Final 5

That sounds like a great plan and pretty much what I'm aiming to do, too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

tootiredtosleep  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a good day so far, I just finished an hour of Wii Fit and Wii Active. I love Wii fit for the yoga, and Wii active for the boxing & squash. The kids have been fighting all day so I put my ipod in, turned it up loud and drowned them out. Worked well, it's such a good stress release to let it all out.

I was hoping to go for a training session with my 4yr old. She gets on her bike and takes off down the bike path and thinks it hilarious when I have to run to catch up with her. It's a good workout, but I think that there would be too many mozzies around now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunday - took the kids out and walked around for a few hours, plus did an hour of gardening. Diet was good, except I snuck in a small coffee and then felt bloated.

Monday - just finished 50 min workout DVD. My arms are really sore today, not sure if it was from pruning yesterday or boxing the day before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm out for a few days after some day surgery. Hoping to get back into it by the weekend. I'm going to closely track my diet this week on fitness pal and try to take it easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still out of action, hoping to be better by Monday. I doubt I will be able to go hard then, but I will at least walk. I've cut out most snacks, just eating the basics because I'm hardly moving.
    I'm getting some more tests done, DR thinks my thyroid function is low which can slow down weight loss. Hopefully once I get that right the last 5 kg will come off (and stay off!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did about 30 mins of wii fit/active today. Took it easy and feel good now.

I've gained almost a kilo this last week though. It just goes to show that I will always need to eat well and exercise frequently. It's an ongoing journey, when I do reach my goal weight I will still need to work hard to stay there. It's scary how quickly the weight can creep on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 60kg again now, I suspect last week was gas from surgery. Did about 40 mins wii fit/active again today and felt really good. I am ready to get back into the challenge properly now. Work has gotten in the way this week, but hoping to either go to the gym Saturday or do a workout DVD.