+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6 week old sleeping thru?

my 6 week old is now sleeping 7pm-6am. This happened gradually. He has always been put to bed by 7pm since the day he came home. He obviously used to wake numerous times but over the last week he has been waking less and less and now not at all.

Im only worried about my supply and if he is still gaining enough weight. 6 weeks is so early to be sleeping thru. I feel my supply is still trying to sync and then he does this! I was waking him at 4am but now i'm sleeping thru also and when i wake him, he doesnt feed as well so it seems pointless.
    He feeds 2hrly thruout the day. He catnaps mostly but if im lucky, he might get a 2-3hr nap in somewhere - still unpredictable.
    The fact he's feeding 2hrly thru the day makes me think he's getting enough for overnight.
    Should i be going to get him weighed? he's only slept thru the last 3nights, i was going to wait and see if he did it for a week and then see if its effecting his weight gain?

I love that i have a 6week old sleeping thru the night but of course that comes with worry....

Thanks
    Reviews

It's probably fine but I'd probably weigh him weekly for piece of mind. That's great sleeping! My 9 month old doesn't always do that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: 6 week old sleeping thru?

Congratulations on your sleep if you're worried about supply could you get up and express during the night? If he's feeding every 2 hrs during the day that should be enough. For your own peace of mind you could get him weighed but it sounds like he is eating enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dd1 was doing 10-12hrs from 5wks old. I was waking every morning at 3am to pump to maintain my supply. after 3mths I dropped it to every second morning...

congrats! thats fabulous sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this gives me hope that my baby who won't sleep may one day give me more than an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was waking up once 3or4am and i'd express a bit just for comfort. now i cant get a drop out! by 6am im really full and ready to feed him and he feeds well, drains one side within 10mins, will go back to sleep for an hr, wakes and drains the other side in 6mins flat! i cant really express much anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews

It sounds like your boobs and baby are perfectly in sync. Maybe cos it's your second bubba that your boobs are so knowledgeable. Lol.

Enjoy your sleep. Very envious ATM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    It sounds like your boobs and baby are perfectly in sync. Maybe cos it's your second bubba that your boobs are so knowledgeable. Lol.

Enjoy your sleep. Very envious ATM
    Its funny you say that as breastfeeding didnt work out with my first!
    Our days are hard work tho lol im always passed out by 8.30 each night!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 6 week old sleeping thru?

You could always give him a dream feed at 10 or 11 so he's getting an extra feed and it might help with your supply.

Thanks
    Reviews

In that case pump at 4am. Prolactin is highest in the early hours so that 3-5am feed is better for your supply than 9-11pm. Do you have a breast pump?