+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im going with A though I don't expect DF to listen to my every little whinge or moan, he has his own stuff to deal with too. DF just said I am definitely his A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: "Your soft place to fall"

Dh really tries to be A. Empathy isn't his strong point though. I'm a person who has a hard time telling people my emotional business, normally dh is the one that gets loaded up. Poor bloke!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default "Your soft place to fall"

I'm not talking about listening to you whinge about minor stuff all day. I'm talking stuff where you really need a shoulder to cry on. Eg, something like you've had a horrible day and are so exhausted and in tears at the end of the day, or even something bigger like PND or losing a loved one.

I often wonder if DH can't offer a cuddle when I'm in tears I doubt he would be able to support me through something major like a serious illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I have had a nephew and an Aunty die in the last month and my husband has been great, but I still have other people. It was my mum's sister so we spent some time together mourning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A, definitely.

I have been in a relationship where my partner wasn't able to support me when I needed him, and it didn't work out - I felt that he just didn't care enough when it came to it.

DH is absolutely the person who is there for me. There are lots of other people in my life who are supportive too, but I've learned that (for me) I need my partner to be someone on whom I can absolutely rely. It's vital to me that my partner is the one who is there for me when I need him.

Thanks
    Reviews

A for me too. My DH is a great support to me, but if he thinks I need up pull my head in, he'll tell me. He still respects how I FEEL in those situations though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A definitely.
    But DF and I are very "This is how it is. Can we change it? Yes? How? No? Then okay, have a bit of a teary, be dissapointed, then stand up, get a cuddle and dust yourself off and try something different" type of people. We're both each others support. It's nice. ^_^