+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Fail Stories

I've had a bit of a fail moment today and want to hear that I am not alone

DD's birthday party is coming up in a few weeks and I've done a lot of planning and preparing. Invited 10 kids, planned activities and got little party things for ten kids. I was telling DD the things I had already done when she pointed out that there will be 11 kids. I totally forgot my own kid, the birthday kid! Doh!!

So what about you??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fail Stories

DD cannot take nuts or eggs to school as some children in her class have severe allergies. Every morning I triple check her lunch box to make sure I'm allergy free.

I sent Nutella. DD pointed this out when I picked her up.

I felt terrible and so guilty. Big FAIL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Fail Stories

I forgot to give dd1 her school lunch one day. I made it. Put it in her lunch box. Just forgot to give it to her. The teacher ended up ringing me to see if I realised and to bring something in for her.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Fail Stories

The other day I had to pick my mum up from the airport. First trip out with 2 kids - I got everyone ready by 8am and DD fell asleep as soon as the car started. I was feeling so proud of myself. Till I realised that a) DD's car seat didn't have the strap around it that hooks onto the anchor point and b) I was driving in totally the wrong direction.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

lalala  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Oh and on several occasions I forgot she had early closing and picked her up half an hour late.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a fail reading your post I was like yep 10 kids invited, everything for 10 kids I didn't even realise you missed dd, even though you clearly said you invited 10 of her friends.... FAIL!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    DD cannot take nuts or eggs to school as some children in her class have severe allergies. Every morning I triple check her lunch box to make sure I'm allergy free.

I sent Nutella. DD pointed this out when I picked her up.

I felt terrible and so guilty. Big FAIL.
    I once accidentally sent DS to school with a peanut butter sandwich and also a little mix of fruit and nuts Total brain fart that morning.

My life is a series of fail moments. I say and do the stupidest things all the time. Its quite comical to those around me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fail Stories

Last night I told DD to take her Ariel doll out of a bucket of water, otherwise she would drown. DD - "uh, mum, she's a mermaid"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I left work early this morning not feeling well (was meant to do 5-8). Anyway, came home and still needed to get everything organised for dd for preschool. Managed to get it all done with a few rest breaks inbetween, for both kids in the car, got to school and realised i hadn't even brushed her hair. It was total bedhair too. Searched through the car for a hairband or something to fix it. End result, i pushed it behind her ears and put her hat on.

Id gotten away with it too until we walked in and she took off her hat to show the teachers that i hadn't done her hair

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Fail. Dh barely wished me happy Valentines. I'd bought him a card but by 8pm I cracked it, ripped it in 4 & chucked it in the recycling.

At 8.30 he gave me a card oops fail. I did offer to retrieve his and sellotape it together