+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Travel advice - Disneyland or Disney World?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    We want to go away for 2 and a half weeks, we plan on staying in LA for a week, a few days in LA ( we have friends there) and I'm thinking 4 or 5 days in Anaheim - I don't want to rush it and want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel!
    I love Las Vegas so would love to go back for a few days but not sure if it will be too boring for DS ( we are hoping my sister and niece and other family may come- if they do then Vegas it is!!)
    Then we will spend the rest of the time in Hawaii on the way home

We did new years eve in New York in 2008 and it was just wonderful!!! We definitely hope to go back a few times with DS , you will have a blast!
    Sounds like an amazing trip.

I've only been to Disneyland but would recommend it for a 4 yo - Orlando is just too far.

Was also going to suggest Las Vegas - your ds would love the strip, the pools, there would be age appropriate shows too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Disneyland when I was 8, Disneyworld when I was 15 and Disneyland again as an adult. Personally I prefer Disneyworld/Orlando because it has Universal Studios etc. But with a 4 year old I think Disneyland would be more appropriate.

Vegas is definitely worth a visit. People cringe at the idea of Vegas with kids, but my parents took me when I was 8 and I LOVED it. I was too young and innocent to notice any of the 'sleazy' side of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Travel advice - Disneyland or Disney World?

I've been to both many times and will continue to go forever (I'm hoping to squeeze a trip in in October).

Disneyland is my "home" resort and I love it. I'm comfortable with it, I don't need to research it every time I go because I just know it and it's easy to get to.

Disney World is Disneyland on steroids; and this can be a good or a bad thing. There's a lot more to do there and I personally don't think you'd see everything even if you went every day for a month.

Keep in mind that at Disneyland if you need an afternoon break for naps or even a swim in the pool it's usually just a quick walk back to your hotel. However at WDW you need to wait for transport to get back and that can be really time consuming.

A great place for more info is www.disboards.com

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious, as I know this is an old thread, but for those that have gone before what sort of cost was your trip (rough ball park figure would be fine). I've never been, but my husband and I want to take our two boys but figured we'd probably need to wait till they are 7.5 and 9, but that is such a long time away and I don't know I can wait that long and some have posted that Disney land is good for a 4yo. So now I'm wondering if I could afford to do Disney land when they are younger and save again to do Disney world and New York when they are older.

I've had a look at disboards but they are huge and daunting so was hoping someone here might be able to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are now planning to go again in 2 years when DS is. 5 before he starts school, it will be roughly $10,000 for the 3 of us for 15 days ( not including spending money ) - we want to stay at the Disneyland hotel for 5 nights ( its $440 a night) but you can obviously get cheaper hotels but we are staying with friends the other 5 days so will splurge more on a good hotel! ( also doing Hawaii on way home )
    Airfares are about $1800 return each and 5 day disney passes are $260 each

Ill definitely go again ( probably disney world and east coast ) when he is maybe 11-13 as I want him to experience it ( and us) while he is young enough to be amazed - at age 5 - then again at 11-13 to love the rides and experiences