+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling lost

I've been a SAHM for the past 7 years. My youngest has just started kindy and I'm feeling lost.
    The past few years I've had babies and kids to look after and always busy and now my life seems really quiet.
    I suppose even more so now cause we moved away from family and friends and haven't meet anyone yet.
    I'm not lonely but I am feeling anxious about life in general. It's hard to explain. I'm thinking what I want to do for work but every job I find a negative. I'm not sure if I want to work. I don't have to as we are ok financially but feel guilty if I don't. Plus I want to be there for the kids before and after school. So the thought of working outside school hours puts me off.
    I thought I could work from home but I lack motivation and my anxiety is taking over.
    What's wrong with me?
    I use to be an outgoing person and could do 100 things at once. But now seems like I'm a fragile person to scare to go out.
    How do I shake this off me? Now I'm writing this feeling anxious and sick of what people are going to say.
    I don't feel depressed but everything makes me nervous and scared.
    What should I do ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Its not a nice feeling. Had the same nervousness and anxiety but for different reasons.

Baby steps. Take your time and dont put pressure on yourself to do too much too soon.
    Perhaps you would like to start by volunteering for a couple of hours each week?
    Have you thought about seeing a counselor to work through it?
    You will get there have faith in yourself

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling lost

When you base your life around something for so long, change can be daunting. Don't put any pressure on yourself or feel rushed. Take things one step at a time. Enjoy some time to yourself and when the time feels right think about what it is you would like to do.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    How are you feeling today OP?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling lost

Feeling a little bit better. The past 7 years all I being doing is baby and children stuff. And now they are off at school.
    I didn't really think about being at home. I never thought or prepared. I felt the urge I had to work. I feel since I'm pushing my kids to school to learn for them to get jobs I should work. It's like I'm playing mind games for myself. I feel torn to continue to stay at home or work. I feel guilty if I stay home but yet feel guilty if I work and I might not be there all the time.
    It's really crazy I know. How do I find the balance to suit me?
    I was thinking doing teacher aid to help find balance but really put off cause I keep hearing how hard it is to get a job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling lost

What about offering to help out at school/kindy with canteen, excursions, committee etc

That way you may feel a bit more 'useful' again with the kids not at home, but still within school hours. From there you may build up the courage to get part time work if you still feel it necessary.