+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP, I was trying to make this same decision midway through last year. I chose teaching. All I have to say is please don't discount teaching as 'easy', simply because of its lower entry requirements for the course.

I am currently studying Primary Education, and while I will admit that I find the coursework significantly less demanding than that of my previous degree, I think it is very important to remember that choosing to study or being afforded entry into a particular course or field does not, in itself, make you any more or less intelligent than anyone else. Also, natural aptitude for, and interest in, the subject matter will make a massive difference to the perceived difficulty of any course or activity.

Personally, I detest the practice of using ATAR scores to determine which students are intellectually capable enough to be entered into certain courses. In my opinion, a large contributing factor to the level of success of students in the HSC is their ability to memorise and regurgitate large chunks of information while under pressure - not necessarily their ability to process, make sense of, and apply said information. But that's another discussion entirely
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 28-03-2013 at 08:52.

Similar Threads

1. Anyone studying Naturopathy, Biology or Primary teaching?
    By Buttoneska in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-07-2012, 13:12
  2. Anyone know how much speech pathology costs
    By Ulysses in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-07-2012, 00:54
  3. Pathways to primary teaching
    By zzz in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-04-2012, 08:45