+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Low hcg and gone on to have successful pregnancy?

Hi ladies, I don't hold much hope after previous mc after bleeding and low hcg but this is my story for this month. AF was due cd34 (14dpo i think) did a test and was bfn and af came later that day but was very odd. Lasted for 1 day, completely gone by cd36. Felt very unwell and confused so tested cd36 (16dpo) and got BFP, had bt which came back at 16, early preg centre has given me a 25% chance of it working out. Iv had no bleeding the last two days. I have another bt booked for a wk from yesterday. Any success stories with low hcg? I'm not holding much hp but b nice to hear some stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry i can't help you out but i just wanted to wish you the best of luck i know it's stressful waiting to see if it will work out, i hope everything work's out fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happy86 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thank you I actually feel completely at ease this time around, I think because its happened twice before. You never know though, maybe third time lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a sucky situation to be in

I don't have any experience with low HCG but just wanted to say that the no bleeding for the last two days is great!! Sounds hopeful and to be honest Channy, I think you have a really good chance of holding on to this one. Get started on that progesterone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Channy, congrats! I really hope ur hcg goes up nicely & all works out fine I have heard of quite a few on here who have had low hcg to start with & the pregnancy has progressed well.... I'm just trying to remember some user names of those...

Can they do another hcg test 2 days later? I've got a history of loss too & my doctor was saying if I get a BFP, they'll be doing bloods 2 days to see what levels r doing.

Good luck, I hope all is ok

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Have hope my ds2 at 2 months hcg was 8.8 was told I hav high chance of mc his now 2yrs old but I know how's feel I'd be seeing you ob he may advise u to take progesterone I'd get rest for a bit make sure your taking all you preg tablets etc fx it stays stuck for u and get another bt done every 2nd day to check it rising...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chan87 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Rocky the midwife initially said 2 days and then changed her mind to a week which I'm happy about actually. I want to try and b just stress free and I'm doing a gd job at the moment so far if I had the test tomorrow id just b stressing where a wk makes me feel like I have time to get those numbers up or start bleeding.

I asked them about progesterone but they said there's no point at this stage apparently. I don't know if I agree with them but well just see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I asked them about progesterone but they said there's no point at this stage apparently. I don't know if I agree with them but well just see.
    What a strange thing for them to say .. I had low progesterone issues so had to keep up my progesterone cream for the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy. Without it I shudder to think what could have been ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Low hcg and gone on to have successful pregnancy?

The hcg is more about the doubling time than the level, if it's doubling every couple of days then that's a good sign. Agree with pp about progesterone though, I was on pessaries until 12 weeks due to low progesterone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeh I asked and they basically told me it wouldn't help and they weren't going to check my levels. I thought it was weird too considering what I had heard and read plus they are an early pregnancy unit so would know I thought.

I know it is based on the doubling, just not that convinced as last time I started with 18, two days later 46, two days later 220 then mc