Closed Thread
Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 881
  1. #471
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    4,843
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    lol @Chunkydunks! I love how it has "fisically fit" and "good english" in the same sentence.

    This is not related to grammar... but why does he need a RECENT HAPPY PHOTO? Also, why did he feel the need to shout about it?

    I'd be worried that he might be a serial killer!



    "...dreaming of a belly full of life"
    ...and why only a female backpacker ?

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked
    243
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and when people say "I seen this thing..." no, you didn't seen it - you SAW it!! Aarrgghh! I know it seems petty and stereotypical but I immediately assume bogan... I know, I am a bad, bad person

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

    Funchu  (09-10-2013),HugsBunny  (13-10-2013),αληθη  (09-10-2013)

  4. #473
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    ...and why only a female backpacker ?
    There is all kinds of things wrong with that ad.
    Last edited by Chunkydunks; 09-10-2013 at 21:59.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

    αληθη  (09-10-2013),moongazer  (11-10-2013)

  6. #474
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked
    170
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    People who use myself instead of me and yourself instead of you because they think it sounds more proper. They're not interchangeable!


    DD 05/10
    DS 09/12

  7. #475
    lambjam's Avatar
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked
    4,956
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerised View Post
    People who use myself instead of me and yourself instead of you because they think it sounds more proper. They're not interchangeable!
    Yes! I think it's because they're scared to use "...and me", even when it's correct.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

    αληθη  (10-10-2013),Mezmerised  (10-10-2013)

  9. #476
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On Gumtree I just saw a 'King size bed bass' for sale

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #477
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    2,017
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    On Gumtree I just saw a 'King size bed bass' for sale

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Bwahaha....maybe it comes with a low pitched, loud vibration.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

    Cicho  (13-10-2013)

  12. #478
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,313
    Thanks
    1,749
    Thanked
    1,815
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Yes! I think it's because they're scared to use "...and me", even when it's correct.
    Ive always been taught "soandso and me" was wrong. I was taught to say "soandso and I"

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. #479
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Ive always been taught "soandso and me" was wrong. I was taught to say "soandso and I"

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think this was explained earlier in the thread. You say "soandso and I went to the beach", because you would say "I went to the beach". You would say "Come to the beach with soandso and me", because you would say "Come to the beach with me".

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

    DJ Nette  (13-10-2013),HugsBunny  (13-10-2013),IndigoJ  (13-10-2013),αληθη  (13-10-2013),lambjam  (13-10-2013),snowqu33n  (13-10-2013)

  15. #480
    lambjam's Avatar
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked
    4,956
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Ive always been taught "soandso and me" was wrong. I was taught to say "soandso and I"
    You and an alarming number of my children's teachers I'm afraid

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

    Mezmerised  (13-10-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Where's the spelling & grammar vent thread gone?!?
    By 4fullstop in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 19:05
  2. Firbank grammar school or Shelford girls grammar school
    By Justmovedmelbourne in forum Preschools and Schools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-03-2013, 20:02
  3. Spelling and Grammar Vent Thread #2
    By Savingfishfromdrowning in forum General Chat
    Replies: 736
    Last Post: 13-02-2013, 20:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!