+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDay View Post
    Hi ladies,
    Has anyone got any tips and hints of things to do before after transfer. We r booked for tomorrow. I already do acupuncture. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary for my daughter 3 yrs ago but life in general was a lot less stressful then haha
    Things I did:

- ate pineapple (only for first 2 days- forgot)
    - had 2 days off and stayed relaxed at home
    - acupuncture before/after transfer
    - talked to my embryo and made a playlist of songs that reminded me of ttc

I think that's all I did. I don't know if anything contributed to our BFP or not, but it didn't hurt. I still talk to my embryo and play the playlist, it really helped me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Things I did:

- ate pineapple (only for first 2 days- forgot)
    - had 2 days off and stayed relaxed at home
    - acupuncture before/after transfer
    - talked to my embryo and made a playlist of songs that reminded me of ttc

I think that's all I did. I don't know if anything contributed to our BFP or not, but it didn't hurt. I still talk to my embryo and play the playlist, it really helped me!
    I did most of those things plus kept warm especially my feet (eg no thongs), after ET DH and I went and had a fun day, movies lunch etc and laughed lots and ate Brazil nuts too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsday, I didn't really do too much different. The nurse told me not to overheat, so I avoided hot showers, running etc. That's pretty much it though. I didn't want to do too much cause I thought that it might actually make me more stressed. It just really worked well for me. I think it made me more calm and less worked up about it all. I really just tried to be as relaxed as possible. I took the day off work the day of transfer and then was back to normal life the day after. But you need to do whatever works for you and makes you feel more relaxed about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Mrs Day =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u everyone for ur advice..will be getting some pineapple for sure :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to say a big thank you too all the lady's that have helped me out over the last month
    Today I got a bfp from the results of my blood test my dh and I are so excited and I hope to hear you all in the due area soon good luck baby dust to you all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivfforbaby For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivf so happy you got your bfp!!!
    Hopefully everyone on here has a luvly next round with lots of sticky sticky embies!

i am "patiently" waiting for AF to turn up so i can start jabbing! Yay!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac3 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congratulations IVF u must be over the moon :-) wishing u a healthy and happy pregnancy and birth ( i think we all deserve that after the journey to get there).
    As for me...well we have one embryo safe and sound. We did lose one in the defrosting stage. Final bt on 5th april

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ivfforbaby..... great to hear about your BFP. Glad we were of help. Thanks for the good wishes for the rest - for some of us who've been here for a long time we need as much babydust blown our way as possible :-)

AFM.... went for Day 21 BT, but levels aren't high enough to start sniffing syranel, so FS wants to wait another three days before another BT. I questioned waiting another whole 3 days, but was told that it's OK, as some only start on Day 23. But secretly I think it's more to do with my regular nurse being away on leave and the local clinic being shut! Instead I have to drive all the way to Westmead for a 2 minute BT - I did complain about that, but they said there was no other way. On the spot I couldn't think of an alternative - what a pain - will have to get up at 5am on Thursday and just know I will be so tired by the time I eventually get to work!! The things we do!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello all, the days a creeping by quickly during this TWW. AF is due Thursday and so is the BT as the day its due is a Public Holiday.

Other than admitting to a few twinges, DP isnt letting on how she is feeling. We have booked an overnight stay in Canberra Thursday night to see the exhibition Toulouse-lautrec at the National Gallery of Australia.

The drive down will hopefully take our minds off the waited phone call from the clinic.

Hope everyone is ok in their journeys