+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! That's awesome... I wonder if there is other ladies out there too and we could get a little meet up happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Waiting to exhale;7134312]Tashan great to hear you are able to start

Thanks Waiting to exhale.. however asking all for your help... I had my egg collection, Follicles on monday were as follows.. 2 x 20mm, 2x 19, 1x 18, 1 x17, 1x16, 1x14, 1x 12 2 x9mm
    Trigger monday night, eggs collected Wednesday,
    THEY ONLY GOT 2 eggs!
    The dr was not my dr and when i asked to see him (as I was expecting at least 8 from what the nurse said) he told me that there was none there other than what he got... was very vague and didnt explain a thing. This has NEVER happened to me before. If i have 5 follicles I usually have 5 eggs etc... Once i only had 2 mature eggs from 4 but they still got 4.. Does anyone know what the heck has happened? Are the remainder still in my ovaries? He wouldnt confirm how many fol's he collected and my husband has paged our actual dr and she said that maybe my hcg trigger didnt work? so i had another blood test this morning for her to check that & we have paged her and asked her office to ask her to call us and we are still waiting (8pm) and have heard nothing?
    Can anyone shed some light? Or give me some advice on what I should do?
    I have a feeling they have taken my eggs too early?
    I have requested the 3 blood tests I had done after scans (including the monday scan) as manybe that will shed some light on whether i was ready or not? Oh dear, this has been very upsetting! It is our last try before sperm donor... not sure what to do and havent heard from dr so freaking outl... Hopefully someone can help???
    xxxx
    Last edited by Top Deck; 14-03-2013 at 21:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2013isouryear.... I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN. I was so sure that you were were going to be the lucky one - we cycled together, and when I got my BFN I thought the odds would be on your side to be lucky.

Littlesunflowers... that's exactly how I feel. I was only saying to DH again recently, that even though we've been on the IVF bandwagon for over a year now, we've really only had two goes (the two transfers), so that equates, unfortunately, to only two months in normal people TTC effort. I have to keep finding positives in this journey, as the money, time, juggling things etc sometimes is tiring and frustrating.

Icedcoffee.... good luck with your EPU in the week ahead.

JYork... most of the FSs recommend between 4-7 days abstinence before doing a sperm sample. However, a couple of times for us, AF happened immediately before this and we held off, so a couple of times it was between 11-14 days - one FS didn't like that, and another time a different FS said it didn't matter. In our case it really didn't matter - we only get 1-2 sperm each time!!

AFM.... went and saw our FS yesterday to discuss last failed cycle and plan the next cycle. Major discussion points of interest were:
    - he mentioned that last time my LH levels weren't increasing as much as he expected, so will adjust meds next time
    - he will use progesterone injections instead of pessaries, as he said they are much more effective (not sure why he doesn't use them all the time then!). He said progesterone injections will keep AF away for a long while, so the only side-effect of this, is that AF wil definitely not come before the preg BT, so you can't use AF as an indicator if the cycle worked or not (but that's peace of mind, knowing that it's not AF that stuffed up the cycle)
    - he will do one and a half times the normal trigger injection, as he thought out of 6 follicles that we should have got more than 3 eggs. I said I was happy with 3 eggs out of 6 follicles, but he said that increasing the trigger shot should make a difference.
    - he really doesn't think waiting the full 72 days for sperm to mature is going to make any difference to DH's 1 or 2 sperm, so we're going to go ahead now (which will mean only 58 days from mTESE when all good sperm was scooped up)
    - he's going to use both assisted hatching and embryo glue during transfer, as well as doing guided ultrasound transfer (which I've not had on my previous two transfers), so it seems there's a few new things for this cycle compared to the past three.
    - interestingly (and peonies, I think you'll like this one!) we've convinced him to do something that he said he's never done before - as DH only gets 1-2 sperm, we've insisted that we want to use both DH's 1-2 sperm, plus use donor back-up, e.g. if we get 3 eggs and 1 DH sperm, then 1 egg + 1 DH sperm is put into one dish, and the other 2 eggs are put with donor sperm in a separate dish. He said this hasn't been done before. Plenty of people have donor sperm ready as back-up, but that's because they find no sperm, but that DH is a special case as he often gets just 1 good sperm, and that's unusual - men usually have plenty or none, so it's always clear which way to go. At first he wasn't happy to go with our plan, and all of a sudden I was thinking that I'd have to start again at a different clinic to get what I want, but after some discussion, he agreed he would do it. To be honest, I think he seemed a little interested in trying it, since it's not done at all normally.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 14-03-2013 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie and green moon I'm in the southern suburbs but am happy to travel. I'm getting excited about this support group idea!

Top deck it sure does sound strange they only got two. Hopefully your queries will give you some answers.

Bertie good on you for pushing for what you want and getting your fs to try something new. Fingers crossed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Deb01 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie, Deb & Green Moon - can I play too!? I'm in the south eastern suburbs... I reckon it'd be great to catch up - you never know, some of us may be bumping into each other at the clinic and not even know it!

Sorry I've been MIA lately as work is crazy!! Waiting like crazy for AF to arrive in the next week or so, so I can start all over again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jyork, so far so good with Monash. I'm with Dr Dunphy at Sunnybank in Brisbane. My first cycle was a bit of a failure with no embryos making it to freeze, my second was so different and it seems to have worked with 5 frosties. I certainly can't fault his willingness to fix the problems of the first cycle and his success. The nurses are just lovely and the two girls on reception are always friendly and helpful.

So some not so good news for me, got notified today that management are flying up from NSW tomorrow morning to close down the department I work for. Can't say I didn't see it coming of half expect it but they want to discuss possible options with me tomorrow. Hope they do it first thing and don't drag the day out, I really just want to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGCBertie- fantastic idea re using your husbands first and then donor with the remainder. Fingers crossed!!
    Very interesting also what you wrote about increasing the amount of trigger,, I wonder if this has effected my cycle as i had 11 fol's, i did the usual 250mg trigger and only 2 eggs!
    The dr had me on gonal 450 and menopor 150 the most i have ever taken so maybe the 250mg trigger just didnt cut it.... I hope we get some answers.. im pretty gutted....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope its ok to join. I've been reading everyones comments and finally got the courage to join in! My hubby and I have been ttc for 3 years now, male factor.. but then your age creeps up so if you dont do something about it soon, you become a big factor! We did our first IVF cycle in January which ended with a chemical. So fast forward to today, im on day 3 of AF and started gonal f injections. Im so much happier this time around because instead of the loooooonnnnnnnngggggggg down regulation im on the short antanogist cycle! Yay! Also this time hubby will be here for epu and et (he works in WA mines).

Wishing each and every one of you all the best, hope we all get to hold our little bunnies soon.
    Oh and im in melbourne, I'd like to meet and chat with anyone who is interested..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Topdeck.... Don't fret quite yet, one of your two eggs might be the lucky one. But, yes, I'd never heard about having a one and a half trigger before, but the FS was completely decisive about doing this on this 4th cycle. Definitely you and the FS need to study what's happened in the past, and make changes on this for future cycles. It's always so hard to judge those follicles, as they're always so spread apart, that it's hard to know whether to go for the first couple, or hold off for a few more, with the possibility of having the first couple go too far. Tricky situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MGCBertie, I know you are so right i still have 2 that may become something so its not nothing. I agree re the trigger but must stress the fol's were all very similar in size ie the nurse and dr thought we would get at least 8 eggs from the 11 so to get 2 eggs only- not even any immature eggs, just 2 eggs in total, it has been a really bad yield... anyway whats done is done.. i will investigate for peace of mind for our next attempt but of course i really hope that i don't have to worry about the next attempt....
    But you are so right the focus now needs to be on hoping we end up with something to transfer... and so far there are 2 fertilized eggs that are doing what they are supposed to be doing...
    Good luck everyone... we are all doing our best xxxx