+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting to exhale, I am having my first scan tomorrow as well. My appointment with Monash is at 7.30 for bloods and ultra sound and I am so nervous-not about the pain or comfort-just the results....good luck to you too and I will be thinking of you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jyork For This Useful Post:

Waiting to exhale  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jyork - I'm with Monash too. I'm in Brisbane, where abouts are you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jth1982 For This Useful Post:

jyork  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sweety,

Your reply made me smile. It's so nice to look at your emails and get a response from someone who is goign through the same pain and hope you are. It makes it more bearable. You are so right-I am always trying to protect myself after all of this hurt.

Why did you stop acupunture? I have tried it before for migraines, but I didn't really feel a difference. My mum uses it and she feels the difference. I am willing to do ANYTHING if it helps. I hope it's not too expensive hey....I thought I would try and book an appointment before my egg collection. How long after your scans is the egg collection? This may sounds silly, but I my hubby and I have not 'been together' in about a month (too hot and too tired and stressed) and I am wondering if there is a specific time that we should have sex before he have to have his sperm sample? I hate this part

I live in the Western Suburbs-near Taylors Lakes...I think it would be great to join a support group. We need all of the help we can get. I tried contacting my counsellor, but she is booked out and can only see me during work hours and only has an appointment in Clayton (over an hour away) available. She said she would call me to 'talk' over the phone. She was so sweet and gently, I liked her a lot.

I am so sorry to hear about your job! That is absolutely disgusting! Have you thought about complaining to a tribuneral of some sort? I just started a new job and the boss seemed lovely and apparently 'couldn't wait' to work with me. I was honest and told her about IVF because I knew I would have to begin this and take an hour or two off for meetings and then time off for the hospital. Since that day, she is dismissive, arrogant and quite rude to me. Once I needed something and was quite worried about it (my medication) and I was actually told this was not their problem and they did not care for me as a 'friend', so don't expect any support. I explained that I was not looking for a 'cuddle' (sarcastically), I just needed professional support. Now I am attacked and critised for everything I do. I ask for something, I get told off-but someone else asks the same question and they are treated so well. I was talking to a colleague yesterday and got told "what do you want! Just hurry up!" while they laughed with the colleague. I am even ignored at times. I am also concerned because my probationary period ends in August-September and I truly believe I will not be kept on. I was just told today that someone else was not re-employed because they did not get along with the same boss. In my profession, it's actually really hard to find work right now, so I'm worried.... What are you doing with your days now? I hope you are not sitting on the couch worrying and crying??? You poor thing

I like the idea of having such a private support group...It is so nice of you to tell me about that.

Do I have to drink loads of water for the scan tomorrow? I'm so glad to have found you girls!!! Thanks for your honest and sweet feedback! You are a gem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jth1982, I live in Melbourne, so I see Dr. Gareth Weston at Monash IVF in Sunshine. How do you find Monash so far? I don't like my nurse, but my doctor has been fantastic. If I ever need him, he is 'on call' and so kind and gentle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helloooo ladies! Im baaack! Lol i was apart of the jan/feb group but then we ran into some financial pains so had to stop the cycle before it even got going! But we are back in the game and i start injecting next week. I see some familiar names but a lot of new ones! Hope everyone is having/going to get some luck with their present/future cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What you are saying is echoing what my DP is thinking. Last cycle 13 eggs were retrieved this time 6 eggs were retrieved with 4 fertilising. My friend had collection yesterday also and had 4 retrieved and 4 fertilised.

Remember it only takes one embryo

I hope it all works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting to exhale View Post
    Rainbow rd - I was going to write to say i was thinking of you last night but was too busy at work to post then i looked thismorning and im so excited to hear that your bleeding had stopped. I have my for you. Hoping for a sticky.

Jyork - I know what you mean about the tightrope. I have low FHS for my age and it sucks to get low numbers. Hope it all goes well on Friday. When is your EPU? Im down for Monday.

Marttc - sorry to hear about your job. My husband recently lost his job and needs a double knee replacement before he can work again so I know how stressful it is. I hope you get work again soon.

Iced Coffee - YUM love Iced Coffee. When do you hear how your eggs are going? Rest up and take care of yourself and that uterus of yours.

2013isouryear - sorry to hear of your loss.

Tashan - I am on 175 puregon. Injections start today......Good Luck.

Veritas - Im a HPT junkie. Hope that second line sneaks in there in a few days.

Only 6 follicles at scan yesterday.
    Last cycle I had 14 and only got 4 eggs at EPU. I am dissapointed that I didnt get a few more. I have another scan tomorrow and I suppose they will tell me if they are going to cancel. So scared I will end up with no eggs at pick up. Just trying to go with the flow and see what happens. I do have a low FSH for my age so I suppose thats what it is..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

2013isouryear  (14-03-2013),MGC Bertie  (14-03-2013),Waiting to exhale  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry 2013, hope your fs appointment goes well

Rainbow fingers crossed for you!!

Mrs Day, ive been drained of blood (10 vials nearly fainted! ). Won't find out results for a week or so when my fs calls me.

I think a fb support group is a great idea. I'd love to meet up with ladies in my area to talk about what we are all going through

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Deb01 For This Useful Post:

2013isouryear  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be so keen on a support group!! I posted the idea on the main ivf page but got no responses?! I was sure someone else out there would want the extra support. I know I could sure do with it some days... I am from hills district sydney, but would be more than fine travelling to a more central point if other ladies were keen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrsmac welcome back!! So wonderful that you are able to start so soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in the Hills too Beanie!!