+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jth1982 View Post
    I'm now super fast at getting my pants on and off, steel cap boots and all when I call in on the way to work.
    LOL!! Ah, the mental images!

I was switched from Crinone back to pessaries because of thrush and I was very relieved - I will never say a bad word against the pessaries ever again. I didn't notice too many side effects from either, and I will be asking about taking pessaries after my IUI; I spot early too, and would prefer the peace of mind, even though my progesterone levels were good.

Pessaries can also be inserted somewhere Crinone can't go, which works well for some people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

jilapril  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!! I'm a cycle no 7 ivf'er but what the diff between Crinone and pessaries??? I have always used Crinone at night before bed and by the end of the TWW you feel so full and gross! It's nasty!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gstef I'm not 100% but pessaries are meant to help support the pregnancy I had low levels so I'm guessing g that's y. And prob to add extra progesterone into ur body

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Apparently the body absorbs crinone better than pessaries. That's the only diff I know of.

It's so yuck though, I scooped out the goop every three days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The discussion of progesterone is exactly where I'm up to at the moment:
    - I used Crinone in my first two cycles and pessaries in my third cycle - I had full, sore breasts in all three cycles, and really wouldn't say it was the progesterone, but rather all the IVF meds, as my breasts were like that in the lead up to EPU and then after.
    - Definitely lots of gunk with the Crinone, but I was told just to let it come out naturally, so just wore pads the whole time. But then I wore pads with the pessaries too, as there was leakage there too
    - progesterone helps both the uterus lining, as well as staving off AF
    - Crinone has 90mg of active ingredient - and is a long release medication - mostly for women with normal levels and normal cycle, but the FSs just want to top you up
    - pessaries come in both 100mg and 200mg dosage, so if you're taking the 100mg, then the active ingredient is not much different to Crinone
    - apart from Crinone and Pessaries, other ladies have also mentioned Progesterone tablets, Estrogen tablets, Prognova, Provera and Pregnyl boosters.
    - when I discussed with my FS on the phone on Friday about AF coming early, he said he would give me injections next time rather than the pessaries. I meet with him next Wed, so will be discussing the issue of progesterone and early AF during cycles with him. There's also something called HCG support injections that I'm going to find out about too.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was thinking last night that I don't think I've had too many side effects from the crinone but this morning has me thinking otherwise.

Been a bit achey around my lower back, thighs, abdomen, a bit sinusy, nauseous and just blerk in general!

Bring on the next week and a bit I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sara, I want to do a fet, seeing my fs on Tuesday to discuss. Been tracking my temperature at its jumped this morning so ill be ready to go in two weeks (im a bit sick so hopefully its not sickness skwwing my temperature)!!

Marttc im so sorry for your bad news. I hope you're doing ok. You ex workplace are a terrible group of ppl!

As for crinone, I absolutely hated it (tmi but what goes up also comes down if you know what I mean); pessaries much better.

Congrats on the bfp, hugs for the bfn.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lost my chance at DP waiting on me hand and foot.... She's now got a cold and staying at the other end of the house to try and stop me getting it! :-(

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting to see what everyone thinks about what meds to use. I remember getting thrush before my FET but can't remember what meds I was on. It was the weekend and I couldn't contact the clinic to ask if I could use any treatment. Not nice.
    Sending BFP vibes out to all the 2ww girls.
    I love coming in here and seeing how everyone is doing.

Im on day 5 of injections and looking forward to my first scan on Wed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the scan!

So I know we're only one day post transfer but for those of you who've done poas when did you?