+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    SaraTTC, I'll be interested to hear how you go with this! My clinic gave me the impression that they will not allow you to 'stockpile' embryos as they have an ethical issue with creating embryos and not using them, when you could use them. Having said that, I do hear often of people doing STIM cycles when they have frosties so I've been a bit confused by this...unless there is some medical reason to justify not using the frozen embryo in some circumstances.
    Thanks so much for your feedback ladies. I can understand the ethical perspective, but I only have 1 frosty so fingers crossed they say I can do fresh.... will let you know how i go, my appointment is on Tuesday week.

Chachacha - what clinic are you at!? I only have 1 emby so maybe they'd say yes, but I'm secretly hoping we're at different clinics, hehe... I'm at Monash in Clayton.

PS - good work stc and familythemaking!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LParis - there is all sorts of crazy lingo here! Google IVF lingo for an update (FET = frozen embryo transfer)

PS - what clinic you at!?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to saraTTC For This Useful Post:

LParis  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feb/Mar IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Sara, I'm at FSS in Perth so you're safe! They told met if you have two or less frozen embies you generally have the choice to go for a stim/ EPU cycle again but more than two you first have to use what you've got. I guess they think that those two could still turn out as BFPs both then youve had enough embies from first round.

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome to the newbies on here! Any tips?
    1. Drink protein after you EPU and eat pineapple core after your ET!
    2. Do a google search to find a list of IVF abbreviations
    3. There are very few 'standards' in IVF land- everyone's different, on different drugs, have different cycles, etc. But ask and you'll get many opinions of everyone's own journeys! Thsts what these forums are for
    4. Dont tell anyone apart from perhaps your parents that you're doing IVF- people not going throuh it have no idea how traumatic it is and will struggle to keep the news to themselves. Sorry if this sounds that you cant trust anyone but frankly I think everyone talks behind your back on this topic. Its also much harder when you get BFNs to break the news to all the friends and also deal with their comments etc. The girls on here are a much better option to vent to!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chachacha For This Useful Post:

LParis  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Feb/Mar IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi Sara, I recon that sounds like a great idea!! I might ask my fs too when I go see her. Never even thought about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Feb/Mar IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Welcome lparis!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Deb01 For This Useful Post:

LParis  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe am googling as we speak I'm at Monash Hawthorne. What dr are you seeing and what stage are you at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice Chacha! We have only told the parents. You're right it is too hard for people to understand, which is why we haven't told anyone else. We just don't want the added pressure. Hey Congrats!!!! How far along are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saraTTC View Post
    Thanks so much for your feedback ladies. I can understand the ethical perspective, but I only have 1 frosty so fingers crossed they say I can do fresh.... will let you know how i go, my appointment is on Tuesday week.

Chachacha - what clinic are you at!? I only have 1 emby so maybe they'd say yes, but I'm secretly hoping we're at different clinics, hehe... I'm at Monash in Clayton.

PS - good work stc and familythemaking!!
    SaraTTC, I'm with Monash too. I did some reading online and it seems like there may be a rule where you can't do another stim cycle if you have more than 2 frosties. I have 1 like you, so I'll be keen to hear what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey girls! Need to have a bit of a *sort of* vent. Have had such a great week, and I was on such a high today. Was just thinking of how lucky and grateful I am to have such supportive friends, family and a great boss that is so incredibly supportive. One of my close friends just told me that one of the girls at work, same age as me, found out she is 2 months pregnant and is upset about it because it wasn't planned. Apparently she was in tears about it because they weren't ready for this. I keep telling myself not to judge her but its sooo hard when you so badly want a child for yourself Makes it even harder when she's in the exact same position as me - has a house, husband and job. It's soo hard finding out other people fall pregnant so easily I'm glad that my friend told me quietly before she does announce it, I have a bit of time to absorb it and be happy for her when she does start telling people. Uh, I feel like a horrible person!!