+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LParis View Post
    Hi Guys, I just found this thread! Hubby and I are all new to this. We've been trying naturally for around five years, and have finally decided to try ivf. We have started seeing Dr Nicole Hope @ Monash IVF, and have been advised to do IVF isci. We just sent off paperwork and hoping to start in April. Any advice for a newbie?

Welcome!!!

I'm sure we all have so much advice to give that we could fill novels. My biggest advice would be to just take it one step at a time, I have always tried to focus on the next step instead of the idea of a baby. I think it has made it easier as it is definitely not a fast process and there always seems to be much waiting time between the steps. I found trying to think too far ahead was just a bit overwhelming. Also remember that whatever you go through someone here has probably been through or is going through something similar so feel free to ask lots of questions even if they seem silly, I have learnt so much from reading everyone's posts as it would seem that everyone's experience is different.

Im with Monash too in Brisbane, have found them to be wonderful people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second time lucky....

Waitingtoexhale
    – that is crapola. Hope you and DH are OK. I don’t think you’re being selfish wanting to keep trying… Big hugs from me to you!

LParis – welcome!! have no real advice, but as a newbie who just completed my first ART (straight to ICSI), I wanted to let you know it’s not as scary as you think! It’s possible I’ll be joining you on the late March/April journey as we were unfortunately unsuccessful this time.

RainbowRoad – tell the MIL, much easier! It’s hard to know who to tell and what to tell them! I told my mum, but chose to tell her everything 2 days post event… this way I have time to stabilise myself before the onslaught of her questions/nosiness. I know she means well, but I need to get my own emotions in check before I worry about hers!

On another note: we are meeting with the FS in a couple of weeks but I’ve been thinking and wanted all of your opinions before I asked him these questions. We have 1 frosty so I assumed we’d go straight to FET in March/April. However, I’m now considering doing another fresh ICSI cycle. FS advised that the frosties have the same chance of success as they did when they were frozen – so obviously my chances of success are much better right now than they will be on a few years. Hence, I’m thinking of building up a bank of frosties…. So that even if I am successful in March/April, when it comes time for baby #2, I have the same chance of success that Ihave now!? What do you ladies think? Has anyone else done this?

Sorry for the uber long post!
    Last edited by saraTTC; 22-02-2013 at 15:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo 9 eggs collected which is 3 better than last time. Find out later today how many were mature enough for ICSI. Hopefully all or most!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feb/Mar IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Chachacha View Post
    What are your progesterone levels like when you have your first BFP BT ladies, and what is the ideal level?
    I think mine was 295 or something. 2 days later its only up to 304. So must get to a certain point and just stay there. Not sure what's 'normal'.

Had second BT today, 2 days after the first and numbers doubled nicely. Hcg 218 on Wednesday to 458 today.

Thanks
    Reviews

That's great stc76!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SaraTTC - my opinion is with you. You are still young and thinking have more
    Than 2 babies you should do another round and stock up frosties.
    Egg quality will decrease a lot couple of years later.
    If I was young like you I will do that way

Inpatiently waiting for call tomorrow my 5 fertilized egg progress...
    we are going to brissy tomorrow little weekend away and watch footy.
    hopefully I can get good news before I go away!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Monamona For This Useful Post:

saraTTC  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Great stuff stc!

Thanks
    Reviews

Sara, i also had that in mind but from my understanding (or at least at our clinic) they wont let you go for another fresh cycle if you have more than two frozen embies. So they force you to use the frozen ones first to an extent. I was also prepared to do the horrible EPU again to save up a few embies as i want 4 kids and so far its taken 3 embies to get our first BFP so not a good prospect if i want four kids!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chachacha For This Useful Post:

saraTTC  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saraTTC View Post
    On another note: we are meeting with the FS in a couple of weeks but I’ve been thinking and wanted all of your opinions before I asked him these questions. We have 1 frosty so I assumed we’d go straight to FET in March/April. However, I’m now considering doing another fresh ICSI cycle. FS advised that the frosties have the same chance of success as they did when they were frozen – so obviously my chances of success are much better right now than they will be on a few years. Hence, I’m thinking of building up a bank of frosties…. So that even if I am successful in March/April, when it comes time for baby #2, I have the same chance of success that Ihave now!? What do you ladies think? Has anyone else done this?

Sorry for the uber long post!
    SaraTTC, I'll be interested to hear how you go with this! My clinic gave me the impression that they will not allow you to 'stockpile' embryos as they have an ethical issue with creating embryos and not using them, when you could use them. Having said that, I do hear often of people doing STIM cycles when they have frosties so I've been a bit confused by this...unless there is some medical reason to justify not using the frozen embryo in some circumstances.

Please let us know what your FS says.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

saraTTC  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jth1982 and SaraTTC for the welcome. There's a lot to take in. We are just taking one step at a time. What's Fet? I know it's probably a stupid question lol. SaraTTC we're the same age. My doc advised us to freeze a stock of embryos too. We would love 2 too, and I guess we may as well increase our chances now hey?! At this point I'd be happy with one gorgeous miracle..... Hey have any of you experienced any side effects from the meds and injections? Also, have you told fam and friends?
    Last edited by LParis; 22-02-2013 at 15:47.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LParis For This Useful Post:

saraTTC  (22-02-2013)