+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feb/Mar IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

We got 18 eggs at collection. Sadly though, only 9 were mature and 7 of those have fertilised. Still, a pretty good result I guess! More than I had at my first cycle and I should be proud of my 40 yo ovaries...hehe.

Still feeling a it blah post egg collection. It's been a bit more taxing than the first one I had, given the extra follicles/eggs this time around.

Transfer booked in for Monday. Fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just wanting to see if I can join this group. DH and I are about to start our 2nd cycle if ICSI. I been told to start the pill and have done all the tests again as we have had a big break since our first cycle. Just waiting to see FS on the 22nd for our plan of action. Would love to be able to share this journey with you all.
    Last edited by Waiting to exhale; 14-02-2013 at 15:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting to exhale - welcome! And GOOD LUCK for your second cycle. Hope you are well rested after your previous and fingers crossed its a short one xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - that is a fantastic number, it's no wonder you are feeling a bit blah, your body has been in overdrive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR they are great numbers!!

Welcome waiting to exhale. I hope this cycle goes well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope everyone is travelling well. I go back for my second scan & BT tomorrow morning to see how many follicles we have. My first scan on Tuesday showed 4 on the right and 3 on the left but she said there could be more as she couldn't get a clear view.

This is our 2nd ICSI cycle and I was a slow responder last time, so I am predicting EPU for next Thursday. Last time we had 6 collected, 2 fertilised, 1 ET and 1 frozen. We fell PG with the transfer in September but sadly no heartbeat could be found at the 7wk scan.

tomorrow's scan shows lots of activity so we can get this show on the road!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck stc where are you from. Sorry to hear about your last cycle. Lets hope this is the one!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,

Need abit of help here so hopefully someone can help!

Clinic rang today and the 2 embys we have are only at 2 cells and 4 cells. The nurse said they are still continuing at this stage and to call back sat morning before I leave to see if the one at 4 is viable to transfer.

Currently on day 3.

Nurse said that they are expected to be between 6-8 cells by now so there is only the slight chance we will get to transfer stage.

Has anyone had this happen previously? (Guess I'm looking for abit of hope)

This whole week has by far been the worst, I would rather all the drugs and side effects anyday.

Just trying to keep hope I guess but don't quite understand this stage.

Thanks for any info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    rainbow road, sounds like you might get a lot of follies!

Congrats KnittingNancy on your 9 embies! They sound great, yayyy for the super sperm, lol! only a couple of days to gooo!!

MrsErinR, 7 fertilised eggs is a great result!

Welcome, Waiting to exhale the girls here are lovely and are a great source of support and information.

st676, all the best for your scan & BT tomorrow. So sorry to hear you lost your little one last September, hoping that this is your turn xx

Ohh cassie83 that's not the news that you want to hear hoping they're just taking their time and that they catch up soon enough, thinking of you! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefaithbelieve View Post
    Woo! Great stuff Torie, fingers crossed it keeps going up from here

knittingnancy, good luck for Saturday go the super sperm! Lol.

Sorry to bug, but i have a question ladies, I must have jinxed myself yesterday when telling the nurse I felt great! I'm day 9 of gonal injections (been on 112.5 the whole time) and day 4 of orgalutran. Went to work today and came home after half hour. Went to the loo for #2 (normal) yet I came out and it hurts to walk I have stitch like pain on the left hand side (where 85% of the follies are growing) and I've come home and gone to the loo again but the pain is quite crippling. They are happy with progress think yesterday's 2nd scan was I think around 7 on left and 2 on right and I think around 8 under 0.1 in size.

Is this a normal feeling? I'm thinking its just my body trying to adjust to not being able to ovulate when it wants as I'm sure usually it would be getting ready..... Am I able to take painkillers? Or do I have to stick to weak panadol?
    I remember that feeling towards EPU on my first cycle. I put it down to ovaries being so full & not ovulating too... I think Panadol & Panadine only...

When is EPU for you?