+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Night feeding and night weaning 10 month old

Hi

my dd still has 2 to 3 BIG night feeds....i really want to cut this down to one at most. I find she often isn't hungry til lunchtime cos she feeds at night....she is fed to sleep. At 10 months how many night feeds is considered reasonable? And in order to break the fed to sleep habit will it be DH who will need to settle her...? He has tried but she just cries and i always give in partly cos i know she will fall asleep and partly cos i worry she will wake ds. Any tips? I was hoping she would have dropped back to one feed by herself but its not happening.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have just successfully got DD down to one night feed (11months), I will reply tomorrow with some tips, way too tired now (she is still waking, I'm just not feeding more than once).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dd1 was having 2 overnight feeds at 10mths old at 11pm and 4am. we night weaned at 14mths.

dd2 now at 8mths old is currently waking for a feed at 2ish am then again at 4/4.30 am for a feeding marathon.

but both girls were/are cutting teeth and dont eat much because of it so they feed more. I've noticed that once teeth are not botherin them - they sleep much much better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Night feeding and night weaning 10 month old

Oh dear you poor thing. Night feeds are very hard. Perhaps try a water, if bottle feeding our maybe just a cuddle and jiggle, or a pat on the back and a lullaby in bed? What about a singing toy? I know the crying is hard, hope you can work something out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chookylaa For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does have a taggie that she will chew but still sobs into it....some nights she wakes at 10.30pm, 1am, 4 am....yes i suspect teeth and she might be in wonder weeks around this time...but it has been months since she has slept for longer than 4 -5 hours... When younger on a few occasions she slept for 7 hours straight for almost a week and i thought yayyyy ive good a good sleeper..jinxed her! I keep putting off our settling method we used with ds as i hate the inevitable crying , he was bottle fed by her age, i find it harder cos she is breast fed to listen to the cries. She only toys really with a bottle ...ie not proper feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Subbing we are in the same boat with an almost 10 month old. I just get bub sleeping 5-7 hour stretches and more teeth come through?! An early morning one 4-5am has always been guaranteed but bub can wake from 11pm to 3am a few times.

Also believe wonder weeks and growth spurts really affect my bub.

DH tried giving a sip of water and settling bub which worked well he said..I was out so it was a good test. For us just persevering in rocking, pacing the floor or holding bub secure and patting helps and breaks the waking habit. 9 times out of 10 it is me that settles bub as I seem to be the only one that can soothe him BUT it is getting better. I am finding the more opportunity DH gets to settle bub the more bub is "needing" me less to soothe him with my boob (which I tend to do)

I have tried feeding more during the day but it does not make a difference!

Best of luck!