+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dilemna with current vs possible job and job happiness

Hi all this is a bit of a long one....Decided end of last year i would get a part-time/casual job this year in preparation for our housemate moving out in 2014...anyway i applied for anything and everything when the first week of january came round...within 2weeks i had a job with a servo...lovely lady store manager and work collegues who think i'm going good at it (been there 1mth next week) but ever since i got the job i'm not happy with it which has made me withdrawn and down (have suffered depression on multiple occassions in the past)....i'm worried about MY personal safety (i no chances a small but still) for my 2yr old's sake and a few other things i just dont like about it...finding myself not wanting to go to work when i'm rostered but i suck it up anyway and dont complain do what im there to do and act like nothing is wrong...they dont have a clue that being brutally honest i dont like the job.....anyway heres the dilemna...just today an email popped up asking me to attend a group interview for a supermarket chain which i applied for just before i got my current job....it will be better hours and i feel safer for me but i feel commited and relied on with my servo job...have decided theres no harm in going to see what they could offer me...but i'm nervous as to what if i get offered a job with them...on one hand i think would be better for me in terms of safety etc for daughters sake....but on the other hand i'm guarenteed hours at my servo one...and then if i do get offered something and i want to take it how would i tell my servo job...she's a great manager and she's currently stressed with finding people to fill shifts due to someone being on 5weeks leave and other employees slacking (not me tho ) i feel like i'm letting them down a bit but on ther other hand i no there are plenty of others who would do the job they would just need to invest time again in training them :S ......thanks for reading i'm sorry its so long i just needed a place where i can get opinions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Honestly, in my mind there is no question that you should attend the interview and if you get it, accept.

Starting a new job is a trial period for both you and employer, which is why there is generally a probation period.

It doesn't sound like you would last long there anyway tbh and it would be just as, if not more stressful for your manager to have an employee who couldn't attend work as she was ill or something like that.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yep I agree, go to the interview there is no harm in trying, especially if its going to be better for you and your family. If you do get it I'm sure your manager will find someone else.

Good luck