+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Retained Placenta

Has anyone had this and NOT needed a D&C?
    I'm almost 11 weeks PP and still bleeding on and off and losing a lot of stringy mucus and having cramping.

Just got back from the hospital after the doctors sent me there after a swab and blood test. They tried doing an ultrasound but my uterus is retroverted.
    They also gave me a needle called sint something uterine? that will contract the uterus to expel anything.

I'm feeling pretty sick and crappy after it and they've said they're surprised I'm showing no sign of infection so far.
    Just waiting on my results and to see what this injection does and they will decided if I definitely need a curette.
    Last edited by MrsOhara; 13-02-2013 at 16:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes, you just described me after bub no5. I expelled it all on my own and bleed for 12 weeks (from memory) I had lots of long/big meaty bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had retained debris but I passed huge clots and large amounts of blood 1 week pp. they considered a d&c but didn't need one as it all passed over a few hours. Then just had normal pp bleeding til 5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same thing but I was told I had a retained placenta. It was removed in theatre under general straight after bubs was born. Then I just had standard lochia for 6 weeks.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Is it affecting your breastfeeding? Everybody I have known to have retained placenta have been d&c'd
    Are you asking me? Not at all, if anything I have an over supply...

Thanks
    Reviews

No changes in my supply luckily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had retained placenta which was stuck to an adhesion (due to endo) so it would not pass. I had the same symptoms as you and had a D&C it only took 30 minutes and the hospital were fine with me bringing bub in for the day (they admitted me back into the maternity ward). The midwife s looked after DS when I was in theatre I was not BFing but they said if I was they would bring him to recovery if he needed a feed, it wasn't a bad experience one of my friends from mothers group had a D&C the day before me for the same reason and she sat up in recovery and breast fed her bub within 10 minutes of the operation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have had it with all of my births and always needed a curette.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had this with DD and didn't need a d&C nor got an infection. It was my first child and I knew nothing about c/s, so when I asked a c/s friend if she had this and she said yes, I thought it was normal I passed bits for 10 weeks and frankly I'm shocked I didn't end up with an infection.