+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Ikea, Fantastic Furniture or Super Amart?

I have a 3 piece lounge suit from fantastic furniture that is 11 years old and still going strong - recliners too :-)

My kids are in fantastic furniture bunks and pillowtop mattresses and they're awesome.

My bed is fantastic furniture with a pillow top mattress and its the most comfortable bed ever

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have a 3 piece lounge suit from fantastic furniture that is 11 years old and still going strong - recliners too :-)

My kids are in fantastic furniture bunks and pillowtop mattresses and they're awesome.

My bed is fantastic furniture with a pillow top mattress and its the most comfortable bed ever.

I've never been to the other two stores you mentioned

Thanks
    Reviews

We got all of our lounge and dining furniture from Super Amart including lounge, tables, chairs, cabinets etc, we're really happy with it & never had any problems.

I really like some of IKEA's designs, I've got a few small tables from there and like them. As long as they're assembled correctly to start with you should be right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Ikea, Fantastic Furniture or Super Amart?

Hmm some mixed responses here.

The bed im looking at from FF is not cheap one, its $300 just for the frame.

Tall boys are expensive. Im debating whether to just get a cheaper one or maybe even Ikea, they have nice looking ones for around $200.

We have a bedside table from kmart with little wicker baskets as the draws

I dont want to spend a fortune and i dont want the cheapest either. I just want decent quality.

We rent so want stuff that will cope with moving too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought beds for my twins at Fantastic Furniture. They were Nash Single beds. Complete rubbish!

First slats snapped (about 3 each one after the other and they didn't jump on their beds or anything) and then DD#3's legs fell apart at the bottom end only 2 months after we got it. Think like a cartoon chair where the legs go out from under it. Then 3 months later DD#2's bed did the same thing.

I have an entertainment unit, bookcase, coffee table, dining table and lounge as well all from FF. All ok except the lounge cushions aren't attached and slip constantly. I know someone with bedroom suits from FF. One is ok and one chipped easily.

I have 2 small expedits and 2 small bookcases from Ikea and they are good.

eta: I had a ensemble base and mattress bed from FF which we bought at the same time as my twins beds which was rubbish too. Replaced it after only 12mths. Really needed to before then but couldn't do both at the same time. Mattress got huge dips in it and annoying springs and base felt flimsy. Person I know with the bedroom suits bought mattresses from FF with their furniture and needed to replace theirs too with the same problem. We all turned our mattresses a number of times within that 12mths but it did no good.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 13-02-2013 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i seen the Nash one, thats terrible. Thanks for letting me know.

Im really not sure what to do, maybe ill stick with super amart then, then seem to have better reviews.

I like the Glacier and lullaby bed there, anyone have these??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have the IKEA aspelund bed & bed side tables & the hopes tall boy, bought 3 years ago, used daily and moved interstate and are all still perfect.

The bed & bedside tables were originally bought as my guest bedroom suite but I loved it and swapped them with my master bedroom suite!

I also have ikeas cube bookcase and compared to others I have had its a lot thicker and sturdier. That's also lasted 3 years... In a room with a tough toddler!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

As if this is even a question! Ikea! Always ikea!!!

Seriously, 90% of our house is ikea, can't fault it, especially when I get someone else to put it together!

We've an ikea bed, lounge, tv unit, bookshelves, dresser/drawers, dining table.

I really love ikea.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

haha i do love ikea but have only purchased one item of furniture from there, an $80 small bookcase for dd and its a heap of junk. Constantly falls apart leans to one side and wobbles like hell lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    haha i do love ikea but have only purchased one item of furniture from there, an $80 small bookcase for dd and its a heap of junk. Constantly falls apart leans to one side and wobbles like hell lol

I find the cheaper stuff no good as well. I bought a cheap bookcase from there. It was super flimsy. The back of it was only a piece of plastic.
    I have plenty of other ikea stuff that i've had no problems with. We have the mammut wadrobe, drawers, bed side table, bookcase and table- all still going strong years later, having survived multiple moves and even an interstate one.
    The expidit bookshelves are quite sturdy... I guess it's just the really cheap stuff that doesn't last long.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub