+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ikea, Fantastic Furniture or Super Amart?

These are the really the only 3 choices of stores to purchase our dd's bedroom furniture from where we live.

Price wise works out virtually the same at each store for what we want.

Im after reviews from anyone who has bought from these stores, in particular beds and tallboys and how u have found the quality and what you purchased (ie - if they still have the bed you purchased in stock for some feedback)

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Super Amart bed (was a $200 one) and it feels very sturdy and well put together. http://www.superamart.com.au/bedroom.../geneva-39741/

I have a white melamine? Super amart tall boy that doesn't feel as well constructed and scratches/marks easily but its cheap and will do the job whilst im still moving every 6 months.

One of my housemates has an IKEA bed....and she kinda broke it during a rather vigourous "extra-curricular activity session". That said it could have also been due to poor construction.....

Had a fantastic furniture bookcase.....felt like cheap cr@p. Which I think that particular one was.

Thanks
    Reviews

I once had a double bed from ikea. It was pretty rubbish to be honest. It did the job but was a bit creaky and seemed flimsy. To be honest I'd prefer to get good quality second hand over any of those brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fantastic Furniture and Super Amart are both Aussie owned, if that is something that influences your decision?
    I quite like Fantastic Furniture's kid's furniture. It seems functional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Ikea, Fantastic Furniture or Super Amart?

I have a fantastic furniture tallboy and bedside tables. They are of an appauling quality and started falling apart not long after getting them.
    As did all my dining chairs.

I have an amart bed that's still going strong 7 years later. The kids bunk bed is from there as well.. Bought it 4 years ago and have had no problems.

Ikea stuff, i generally love. Some items can be rather cheap and nasty though. I would check out the display stock of what you after and make sure it seems sturdy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Fantastic Furniture is pretty cheap and with what I've bought from there, you're getting what you pay for. (And I would rather pay Sams Warehouse prices for it)
    I haven't bought from Ikea but I hear a lot of people rave about it.
    I don't have much experience with Super Amart but from what I have, it's pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    These are the really the only 3 choices of stores to purchase our dd's bedroom furniture from where we live.

Price wise works out virtually the same at each store for what we want.

Im after reviews from anyone who has bought from these stores, in particular beds and tallboys and how u have found the quality and what you purchased (ie - if they still have the bed you purchased in stock for some feedback)

Thank you.

Fantastic furniture is cheap crap but they are good if you're not in a good financial position and just need stuff to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Amart is great. 10 years on the leather lounge is still going strong.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ikea, Fantastic Furniture or Super Amart?

I have alot of furniture from fantastic furniture from tv cabinet to bed side tables tall boys and side bed tables and bookshelves. I have had them for a over four years and they are still as great as the day I bought them. There cheap and aust owned. Love fantastic furniture.
    Ikea I have only brought home wares from them and I have loved each product.
    Amart one has only been set up in my area in the last month so I havent even gone into the store to have a look lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a couch from Fantastic Furniture - its great. I have a dining table and chairs from super amart - theyre good too but i wish we'd been able to afford something else (nicer looking) at the time. A bit more near what you're after - I have bedside tables from Ikea which I love. Saying that, i don't know if I'd trust a bed from there. But maybe for a child would be ok