+ Reply to Thread

Default Young mum seeking trainee doula/midwife on the gold coast...

Hi Ladies/Doulas and Midwives!

I am a 'young Mum' (26) and pregnant with my second baby (6 weeks) and am desperately seeking a doula for this pregnancy. I suffered severe pre-natal and post-natal depression with my first child of which I believe was down to the fact I had minimal support via friends and family (we are expats from the UK). If there are any trainee Doulas who are seeking a pregnant woman to help out or to gain experience, please please contact me with message. I am on the Gold Coast and will be having my baby through the GC Hospital, Southport.

Thank you!

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear you suffered severe pre-natal and post-natal depression with your first child. The journey to motherhood can be very difficult at times, especially with minimal support.

My name is Sara and I'm a student midwife at the Gold Coast Hospital. I would be able to offer you wonderful support throughout your pregnancy, birth and post partum period. I am currently in my second year and as part of my training I am lucky enough to 'follow' women right through their pregnancy journey, providing support and a familiar face at each of your appointments and at the birth of your baby.

Let me know if this sounds like something you would be interested in. I have two children of my own and was also a young mother the first time around so I know how daunting it can all be.

You can email me at sara.hatfull@griffithuni.edu.au if you have any questions etc.