Closed Thread
Page 86 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    I'm gyming too. Dedpite being healthy weight, my liver readings weren't the best this time around. I'vd cut out my wine (booo ) and increased water and vegies.

One thing I just wanted to mention and I don't want to be a poo head. I just read a lot about it.. try keep your tuna in-take under 3 tins a week. There's a lot of evidence to suggest that even a low level carrier of mercury; tuna can elevate your levels which can take up to 6 months to leave your body. Freaked me out and thought I'd let you know (I think knowledge is power).

Sounds like you're doing well.
    Oh, bad liver readings sound scary. Are they pretty easy to turn around and improve? I still need to go to my dr and get a blood test to check if I'm deficient in anything before TTC starts. I'm not a hypochondriac, but you are making me want to check my liver.... Can I ask what prompted you to get your's checked? I don't really drink alcohol very often anymore but I sure used to! Now I stick to water, tea and the occasional diet soft drink. My new drink obsession is this vanilla caramel tea that I put vanilla stevia drops, milk and cinnamon in. Just too good.

I know about the tuna and although I don't have too many tins each week, I should probably make sure I stay at around three. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling a little down tonight Not only did I have to postpone TTC because I need surgery, but tonight I found out that hubby has to go to the US for business during my o week in May. Argh, so frustrating. Now it will be June before we can start trying. All of a sudden it feels ages away. I don't like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Can I ask what prompted you to get your's checked?
    I get checked a bit but, my main driver was to get my hormone levels checked and start lining up some tests to make sure i'm 'ok' in the fertility department. Blocked tubes are my main concern.
    I have some genetic blood issues and they also needed to be checked and the liver check is spinoff of those tests.

Yep. You can totally turn you're liver around. Unless it's auto immune related, the liver regenerates often and dramatically. Such a super cool organ actually. If you chop EG: 40% of it off... it will try regenerate!
    My levels could be booze related. Things like pesticides or a stint on pain killers can also affect it though.

So sorry to hear about your man going away. Mine keeps getting called away also. It's so frustrating
    Big . Think about this though; at least if you fall in June and get bad ms or something, you won't have to contend with the sticky heat of summer as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, June will be here before you know it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does it mean when your EWCM changes to a stickier consistency? I thought I wasn't supposed to O until tomoro but my CM has changed... I started using OPKs last night and I have 3 and they aren't getting darker but there are two lines on each... Help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    What does it mean when your EWCM changes to a stickier consistency? I thought I wasn't supposed to O until tomoro but my CM has changed... I started using OPKs last night and I have 3 and they aren't getting darker but there are two lines on each... Help?
    Can't really help you there but I think it's after O? So maybe your O'd earlier than you thought and missed your LH surge. I'm not familiar with the tests though yet so I could be completely wrong.

I don't think I've ever gotten EWCM - I've checked for it the last few months but I've never been able to get much CM at all - definitely not enough to stretch between my fingers!!! Is this unusual?

I'm CD 7 today and have a 4 day AF and I've ordered ovulation test kits from Oracle Fertility so hopefully I get a positive of them because that would definitely mean I O right? My cycles since being off the pill have been 33, 31, 27, 28 so the doc is happy with that so I'm hoping they stay consistent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using Oracle Fertility OPKs and this is the first time I've tried to catch the O... I guess I will just keep testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post

I don't think I've ever gotten EWCM - I've checked for it the last few months but I've never been able to get much CM at all - definitely not enough to stretch between my fingers!!! Is this unusual?
    I'm the same. I don't get EWCM. I bought preseed to help with conception.
    Hopefully, it'll help.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

sjk  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    The same sorts of coversations seem to be happening in different threads (a bit confuzzling!!). We just paid off our car, but the loan repayment money will now go towards DHs uni bills. Car insurance is less now too, so there's a bit more money for us there. We aren't struggling or anything, but it seems like no matter how much money you have you could always use more. DH is a bit worried about whether we can afford a baby. Everyone I know says you just make it work. Ours will also be the first grandchild on both sides, so I'm sure most of the baby stuff will be paid for by the grandparents - especially DHs mum who loooooves to spoil us with gifts already! I've done our budget & we can just afford for me to go on maternity leave at half pay (so I can take 12 months off using all of my accrued annual leave as well). Now for the hard part: getting utd!!! I thought that was going to be the easy part!
    Hi Funchu, you'll definately get spoilt with your first - you will be showered with gifts and second hand donations and nappies are really all you have to fork out for for the first 4-6 months. I highly recommend second hand kids markets for cheap but usually near new cots/prams/anything you can think of! I know some ppl don't like second hand stuff but we've got some great bargins for perfectly good things

Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    My DH is the same. He is very stressed about money at the moment. When he is like that I take extra care not to mention anything about babies or TTC. I just think to myself, I'll wait to June and see what our situation is like then. I'm definitely not going to start trying for a baby unless we are both 100% ready. I know I am about 80-90% ready at the moment. DH seems 100% ready one day, and then not ready at all the next day. I think this is because he owns his own business and it is very up and down at the moment. I know he wants a baby as much as I do, but he is more concerned about money as well.

But in good news, we have both opened up to the idea of modern cloth nappies! Looks like we might be doing that to save some $$$! I said I wasn't interested in doing it by myself and he would have to help a lot because using MCN's creates a lot of extra work each day (more nappy changes and washing).

Anyways, I'm about to go MIA for a bit. I'm in the bridal party for a best friend's wedding on the weekend (another beach wedding! I can't wait!) and we move to our new house on Sunday. I reckon I'll be very busy next week setting up the new house and doing some furniture shopping.

Fingers crossed for some BFP's over the next week.

Enjoy the wedding Nomie and good luck with the move :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by pohutakawa View Post
    Congrats to those who have conceived this month...hoping for an easy 9 months! I'm ovulating in the next few days so here comes another tww
    Catch that eggie Poh! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I'm feeling a little down tonight Not only did I have to postpone TTC because I need surgery, but tonight I found out that hubby has to go to the US for business during my o week in May. Argh, so frustrating. Now it will be June before we can start trying. All of a sudden it feels ages away. I don't like!
    That sux Acorn, sorry your hubby will be away in May
    I know the feeling of disappointment in having to wait. We've decided to stall ttc again so that I can loose a few more kilos (weight loss has not been going well ). If it was up to me we'd go ahead anyway but my dh thinks I should loose more weight first. I'm not really overweight, just carrying a few more than I used to, so it sux. It's quite devastating sometimes and I feel like it's all my fault but I still don't do much about it... Sorry, whinge over.

Happy Friday ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I got ewcm well before I o'd! Then it changed to a watery consistency and was sticky sometimes. I would keep going with the opk! I didn't think mine would get darker or that it was dark enough until I saw what a true pos looked like ! It was then I had the 'oh I get it now' moment! I was super impatient!