Closed Thread
Page 70 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney is right, calculators base you ovulating on cd14 with a 28 day cycle.

I have a 28 day cycle but don't ovulate until cd17.

So, I just adjust my date to have me ovulating on cd14.

E.g. if af starts on 1/4, I would actually put 4/4 as my lmp date a then I'd be ovulating on the same day the calculator says.

Another way, if you know when you ovulated, just count 2 werks before that, and that is what you put in. e.g. if you ovulated on the 18th march, as far as a calculator is concerned, your lmp was 4th march.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Disney is right, calculators base you ovulating on cd14 with a 28 day cycle.

I have a 28 day cycle but don't ovulate until cd17.

So, I just adjust my date to have me ovulating on cd14.

E.g. if af starts on 1/4, I would actually put 4/4 as my lmp date a then I'd be ovulating on the same day the calculator says.

Another way, if you know when you ovulated, just count 2 werks before that, and that is what you put in. e.g. if you ovulated on the 18th march, as far as a calculator is concerned, your lmp was 4th march.
    Thanks shadow, that makes sense, I just punched my numbers into a due date calculator based on making my o date cd14 and I would be due 28/11/13, which makes me 3weeks 3 days pregnant and I can test in a few days!!!! Woohoo!!!!! My last pregnancy I tested at 3 +5 and i got a positve, and I think I o'd around cd13/14 !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Exciting!! I got that date for you too I o'd on the 11th which would make me due on 2nd december, so I just counted back lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Exciting!! I got that date for you too I o'd on the 11th which would make me due on 2nd december, so I just counted back lol.

Omg !!! I'm excited !!! I'm scared!!! I'm nervous!!! And I haven't even found out yet!!! So my symptoms are pretty much pregnancy symptoms, I was trying to deny them, as I didn't want to get my hopes up!!!
    Well it's my baby girls first birthday party on Saturday, her birthday is not until 27th, I would like to try and hold out until then to test, but knowing me, probably not.
    So with the calculations in mind and when I actually did get my af if I get a bfp and go to drs to confirm, do I just say my lmp was 4 days earlier then it actually was, to make it right with o or do I actually tell them my real af date??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its up to you, it makes it more reliable with dating scans if you give adjusted lmp (say you got af earlier)

With ds I got my bfp on cd28/11dpo.. My gp tried telling me I couldn't be utd just by lmp as af wasn't late. (little did he know I had 35 day cycles then!) At my dating scan, ds measured 1 day behind based on ovulation dates, but it was like 3 days behind from lmp date. it didn't matter though. He was born at 38+5 (lmp) or 38+2 (ovulation) at a healthy 9lbs/4.080 kgs !

I hope your dd has a fantastic birthday! Do you have any plans?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its up to you, it makes it more reliable with dating scans if you give adjusted lmp (say you got af earlier)

With ds I got my bfp on cd28/11dpo.. My gp tried telling me I couldn't be utd just by lmp as af wasn't late. (little did he know I had 35 day cycles then!) At my dating scan, ds measured 1 day behind based on ovulation dates, but it was like 3 days behind from lmp date. it didn't matter though. He was born at 38+5 (lmp) or 38+2 (ovulation) at a healthy 9lbs/4.080 kgs !

I hope your dd has a fantastic birthday! Do you have any plans?
    Ok yep, I'm not sure I could swing that but I'm going to try my hardest, I had booked into my dr for confirmation of my pregnancy last month but lost it before I could get them done so I had to ring and cancel my appointment:-/ my dd pregnancy I was only 1 day out from dating any Lmp my bub was born 34+2 2.095jg 4lb10. I know when I o and conceived her.

We're having a BBQ in the park!! I've got lots to organise this week!! And I need to make her cake

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so now I'm a little confused. I have a 28 day cycle but I o on cd 17, I have an 11 day lp. When am I due? Going off my o date I'm due on the 26th of November but going by lmp I'm due on the 24th? Or does it not really matter so much?

shadow - I just plugged my dates (based on moving my lmp date back 3 days to account for the o on cd17) and its telling me I'm due on the 21st. However i enter the o date and its saying I'm due on the 26th? I'm using the pregology calculator
    Last edited by Disney; 18-03-2013 at 06:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What date did you ovulate on? That would be the easiest..
    Then count back 2 weeks from that, and put that date into a regular 28 day/cd14 ovulating calendar. It should be the most accurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't really matter if you keep in mind that you are a few days "behind" as you ovulated a few days later than they expected. Early on, those few days can be the difference between seeing a hb, or not at a dating scan.....and drs mostly go off then scan date anyway.

And iguess if you are after as natural of a birth as possinle, tell them you lmp date adjusted. Most places like to induce you if you are about 10 days over your edd. (which by your ovulation date would mean you are only a week over) and you would be very hard pressed at that time to fight for those 3 extra days that are rightly yours.

Does that make sense?

In the end, baby will come when ready

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks shadow! I o'd on march 5th so my adjusted lmp date would be feb 19. The actual lmp is feb 17 so in hindsight 2 days is nothing here or there. So I might run with November 26 as my EDD for now...when are you testing shadow?

chloesmum
    - I got my first bfp at 3 weeks 4 days with a frer, I got my clear blue digi pos at 3w5d. I have yet to get a pos on an IC (should I be worried about that?). You are in with a chance if you tested this morning!! Did you test???
    Last edited by Disney; 18-03-2013 at 08:04.