Closed Thread
Page 30 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Thanks for yor kind words ladies! It's so nice to have some rational positive support! Dh thinks I'm being a drama queen! Boys, geez!
    We love you Disney!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Disney  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

I have more than that and a few things on layby haha I have an addiction!

Had to reschedule my appointment with the naturopath as I couldn't go (was the day after my fall) so I've now booked one for DF and myself next Tuesday. It was only $40 for a couples appointment

We like the name Mason Simon for a boy and Harper Paige for a girl.

Hoping to have one of each!

Thanks
    Reviews
    $40 is so cheap!!! When I looked into it here, it was going to be $150 EACH for the first appointment. And then $80 per person thereafter.

I love Annellyse for a girl - probably with the middle name Jean, and I'm not overly sure for a boy... I want to name him after my grandfather... but my grandfathers name isn't the best lol. Thinking of maybe doing something with their surname, but then we have the same inital, so it's a bit strange... so still thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay results just released for uni, got a HD and a C Very happy! Was hoping to scrape a pass for the subject I got a C in, but I ended up with 1 mark off a distinction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay! Well done I got a HD for my first subject (last term last year) & hoping to keep getting HDs... I should be doing an assignment now instead of obsessing over my bbt chart & chatting on bub hub!!!

I have a girl's name picked out, but DH isn't sure about it (I haven't even bothered telling him the middle name I like!). I used to want to use Daenerys (from Game of Thrones), before they made the TV series. I would have adjusted the spelling though: Danaerys, shortened to Dana. Anna was another name I loved (or Annabelle), but DH hates it (& his parents had a dog called Annie)... I also used to love Starla (that one's still a maybe). I have one boy's name that I love (and goes well with the girl's name if I happen to have twins), but again DH isn't in love with it. It's also one of the slightly more common ones. I love Lucian (shortened to Luc), but DH says no (also my last name starts with L). Some other possibilities are: Evan, Ethan, Elliott (I like E names!) My great grandfather's name (with a slight variation) is a possibility, as DH loves it. If we have a boy first, we'll probably use that. I'm keeping my favourite names secret from everyone because I don't want to be put off them! I'd love to use a name from a fantasy novel, but DH doesn't like that idea (he likes "real names")... what do you guys think of fantasy/ sci-fi names?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Disney, try not to freak out about your mums TTC Journey My mum was NEVER on BC in all her life, and i only have 3 brothers. Theres 4, 11, and 4 years between us all. and all to the same dad. I was worried i would have trouble too... Last time TTC, i fell pregnant cycle 3 but MC, had 1 AF, and fell with DS. Im going into my 4th cycle now, and have had 2 chemicals... So i guess im alot more fertile than she was!!
    I was also worried about Morning Sickness, id heard that "Your pregnancy will be exactally like your mums" Mum was sick from conception till birth with all four of us, she would weigh less full term than when she fell pregnant from the sickness.... I wasnt sick once And nauseous only a few times.... (Following someone with really bad BO in summer) but that would make anyone feel queasy lol

Glad to hear you ladies had an amazing time at soundwave!

Jesse - Hows the party preparation comming?? Not long now!!! Maybe a week?? (from memory)

Im all ready for DS's birthday The last few things we'd ordered arrived today, they are all wrapped in the spare room. We have 2 packets of balloons to blow up the night before, and have to assemble one present...the cake is organised. Im making a chocolate mud with choc ganache, and have a mickey mouse rice paper picture thing to go ontop. It was easier than making a shaped one! And we arent having a party, just a close friend or two over for dinner. So theres no need for a huge cake
    Sounds delicious Shadow!! Yes, DDs bday is Sunday, party is Sat arvo.Got all the supplies for the watermelon cake today, plus choc cupcakes, apricot slice, dips, chips etc! Going overboard!! We bought her a scooter and drs set today, she's going to love them!!! Can't wait Also got a happy burthday banner, ******ers, balloons, party hats and a fruit curtain decoration thing - gone just a bit overboard!

Disney, I wish I had my mum's experience, she had very little morning sickness, a straight forward birth and easy recovery. Alas that was not destined for me! You'll be different from ur mum for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumma Ooh i LOVE Harper!!

DS has an unusual name, we were always getting asked if we made it up! But nope, it was in the baby name book we have, and means "Little King"...So i want to continue that tradition.

I dont like alot of common/normal/regular names...having worked with quite a few challenging children over the years, many names and those similar are no longer able to be used....as it just reminds me of whoever it was.

I LOVED Astrid for a girl...but mentioned it to someone who said "No way!! I went to school with a girl called Astrid, and she got called A** T*rd" Totally ruined it for me.
    I loved Deklan, DF hated it. His favorite name to suggest for DS was Luke......Skywalker mmm no ty! We compromised and it is now DS's middle name. (Luke, not Skywalker, or Luke Skywalker)

I love Grace, Pagie, Rose etc as middle names for a girl. We struggle with names. DF likes common, short names. I Like unusal. Although, The only nick name DS could be given is "Ky" and i HAAAAAAAAAAATE it, so our next bubba's name needs to not have a nickname :P

We had a shortlist of girls names that we both loved, but boys were SO difficult!! DS was actually nameless as far as anyone knows for 24 hours. Though we had quietly decided a few hours after.... I just made DF keep it quiet as i didnt want to announce the name and then regret it, i wanted to be sure.

I can forsee another sleepless pregnancy spent trawling through the name book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yay Jesse!!! how exciting!!! Party time! I hope you have fun celebrating with her, and that she has an amazing time!! Oh i agree, my Mums birth of me was ...interesting. Her waters broke on the tuesday 6wks early but they didnt beleive her until she delivered me on the Thursday morning without any pain relief what so ever. My waters broke early monday...by monday night i had an gas and epi...he was delivered via emergency csect tues morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hamij - Those are great results! Well done. I love your girls name too. Haven't heard of it before but it's very pretty.

MummaK - Awww! I love all your baby items. I can't wait to start buying cutesy things. I always 'detour' through Pumpkin Patch when I'm in the mall. Hehe.

Muchkin - I didn't up exercising yesterday. Shame. Got bogged under in the formalities and paperwork that goes with building a new house. I did an hour walk with my Mum on the beach today though. Even in the rain!

Funchu - Yay! I'm a massive GoT fan too. Got all the books. I think Arya is a pretty name too. I like Elliot as a girls name but I think that is because I am a Scrubs fan. I'm having Bethany for a girl. I like Sebastian or Elijah for a boy. DH doesn't like Elijah though.

Anyways, I'm also attempting my first meal in the slow cooker today. It smells good so far. I hope it tastes alright. Just a yummy stew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    Hamij - Those are great results! Well done. I love your girls name too. Haven't heard of it before but it's very pretty.

MummaK - Awww! I love all your baby items. I can't wait to start buying cutesy things. I always 'detour' through Pumpkin Patch when I'm in the mall. Hehe.

Muchkin - I didn't up exercising yesterday. Shame. Got bogged under in the formalities and paperwork that goes with building a new house. I did an hour walk with my Mum on the beach today though. Even in the rain!

Funchu - Yay! I'm a massive GoT fan too. Got all the books. I think Arya is a pretty name too. I like Elliot as a girls name but I think that is because I am a Scrubs fan. I'm having Bethany for a girl. I like Sebastian or Elijah for a boy. DH doesn't like Elijah though.

Anyways, I'm also attempting my first meal in the slow cooker today. It smells good so far. I hope it tastes alright. Just a yummy stew.
    Hahaha. I was thinking just before do I come on and admit not doing it either...?! Lol. DH got home from work and wanted to sort out our trip to Fiji, so I didn't go either but on the plus side all of our holidays are now booked for 2013. Fiji for 3 days for a wedding and then back to the UK to catch up with all of DH's family and the friends I made when living there. I can't wait!!!

And I feel terrible but I have another excuse for tonight... I feel lousy as. Was stuck on the toilet (tmi) this morning and my stomach hasn't been right all day... So I don't really fancy going out tonight either....

On another note af is now two days late...

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app