Closed Thread
Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

My birthday is the 31st. We might go out for dinner, as our best friends from Adelaide will be staying with us. I'm a bit freaked out about it tbh - 35!!!! I really want to be utd before then fx fx fx I could have a party I suppose... I love making food & decorating

At least I will be on break from uni then, so no assignments for a change! Yay - total relaxation NO STRESS!!!

Mumma K - I love that baby stuff. Elephants & monkeys are so cute! Mum has put aside a beautiful porcelain Dumbo figurine for our nursery. Dumbo was one of my favourite stories as a kid... that and the Saggy Baggy Elephant.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exciting MrsLa! How mant DPO will you test? Big fingers and toes crossed! We got our positive on the 6th try!

I'm 30 this year too, but not till July. I would love to fall first try and be preggers before I'm 30.

As for the easter break we will finally be paving the outdoor area that was ment to be finished for christmas. Next weekend we have few nights in Port macquarie so that should be fun.

Shadow, Thats a very interesting idea. I could have one in a hug a bub and one in a sling! Where are you up too, are you twwing? Do you get nervous about having a second every now and then?

AFm, I did another 4km today with DS in the pram. I only had 2 walk breaks up a small really steep hill and the big steep hill. I have no idea how much I weigh. My scales are broken again which is driving me batty. I'm the person who needs to weigh everyday to see that tiny drop or same number as yesterdsay, to see my eating has been right. I don't want to go off track now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

How is everyone planning to tell their family that you're pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

I'm not really sure. My mum bothers me every time she phones (are you pregnant yet?), so I'll probably just blurt out "yes" when she asks. The problem is she is hopeless at keeping secrets, so she'll probably tell the whole family & I really don't want everyone to know until I'm sure it's all good (i.e. at least 12 wks). I also can't lie to my mum though, so I hope she just forgets to ask! I only met my dad when I was 15 & he lives in QLD. I'll probably just sms him "congratulations grandpa" lol, he has a good sense of humour. Even better, I could get my half sister (his daughter) to say "Dad, you're going to be a grandpa" - she's only 19 or 20, so that might freak him out lol

As for DHs parents & sister, I'll probaby do some cute cards. I love being crafty... and MIL in particular loves cards (she usually buys 2 or 3 for us at birthdays & Christmas!... & our anniversary, Easter etc...) If I get my BFP in March (14), I might do it for Mothers' Day... buy/make both my mum & MIL "grandma" cards.

&/OR maybe set up the nursery & send a slide show or video of it!

Our family members are in Adelaide (except SIL who is o/s), so we can't do anything in person ... unless we plan a surprise trip to Adelaide... then we could throw a party & tell all of our friends & family at the same time... so many cool ideas

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma K View Post
    The twins 5th birthday is in march and I haven't even begun to plan things.

Feeling like a horrible mumma lately. I'm just so tired and sore.

I don't even want to bd.

But DF is going to put some of the living textiles baboo range on layby today as its being discontinued and I love it.

We picked these up yesterday and the other pic is the baboo. I may have a slight obsession with elephants lol
    I LOVE those - very unisex which is what we'll be looking for.

I have no idea how I'm going to tell people. Figure our children are 6 and 7, so I think most people assume that we're done. Figure also I'm probably not too far off finishing uni etc, so I think there's the assumption I'll finish and then go to work. I think it'll be a bit of a shock to people, and not overly sure what reactions we're going to get to start off with. Not sure whether we tell people face to face, or by email/text/phone etc. Figure people other than parents etc, we're going to send a 'we're expecting' postcard. Cheap, easy, means we don't have to call a gazillion people.

Definitely not an implant bleed, period is definitely here now. Glad to not be in limbo!!!
    Last edited by hamij; 21-02-2013 at 10:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio, im RIGHT at the end of my TWW! Im about 10dpo today, Tested with an Oracle IC and got a BFN. Im not sure, ive had a heap of CM, possible implantation spotting after going to bed Sunday (and no we didnt DTD so wasnt from that) And felt queasy on and off yesterday... But i think thats because im thinking about it. With DS i felt queasy on 10dpo and got BFNs and 11dpo there was a BFP on a FRER. Im planning on waiting until tomorrow if no AF and getting a FRER While DF is at work...lol he would kill me buying it when ive got a cupboard full of ICs!
    I need to know as im heading out to a festival Saturday with DS and If im UTD, i have to avoid alot of food!! so want to know..
    Im swinging between freaking right out about having #2, and being comfortable and excited about it. This past TWW has been terrible, All over O weekend i was sooooo sick with temps and cold, then came good and have done something to my back... I seen the chiro last friday, and am still sporting pain from it... All that has lead me to wonder how i will cope with a toddler and being pregnant again! LOL Although DS's pregnancy was a breeze! No morning sickness, no nausia, never got uncomfortable at all...just some cankles in the last 2-3 months (Summer) and thats it!

How are you going??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

Because it's DFs first I think I'm going to get tshirts made, one for each of the twins saying big brother, one for DF that says Daddy and one for me with 'Baby Alexander' across my tummy.

When we tell his best friend I'm going to get a tshirt that says "a persons a person no matter how small" he knows I love horton hears a who and will get it straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for telling people we are pregnant, ill tell my mum early on. But the rest can wait. Once we see a heartbeat ill probably tell my mum, and the rest can know after 12 weeks. I would like to do some cute announcement over FB for the extended people in my life... Maybe some form of announcement picture of DS holding the ultrasound and/or some booties/clothing item to my belly or something?? Not sure yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this thread is moving along at a very rapid pace.

I have been MIA for a little while now so im not really sure as to what has been happening with everyone.
    I have quite a bit going on at the moment. I recently returned to work full time and have also found out my sister is quite sick (her kidneys are starting to fail on her), my mother is moving to the outskirts of Melbourne soon and my sister has just told me she is also moving interstate with her husband and two kids. Im going to miss them all so much!

Congrats to all who have got their BFP's
    and to the rest of us that we get our bfp's very soon

Hubby and i talked about ttc this morning and decided that after my next visit from AF we can start its so exciting to know that after such a long wait my ttc journey will finally start next month.

So im thinking i need to stock up on some OPK's as my cycles are so random, since coming off the pill in May last year i have had the following cycle lengths 28, 43, 37, 40, 31, 44 & 27 my body can work itself out.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My pro wedding photos are up! Check them out... Click for wedding pics!
    We are so happy with them. Can't wait to get them printed. Obviously there is more other than what is up on her blog.

Mumma K
    - I plan on telling my parents and my best friend straight away. Everyone else can wait until 12 weeks! For my parents I'm going to get a picture of the first ultrasound, tie it to some pink and blue balloons and put them in a giftwrapped box for her to open. When she opens it the balloons will fly out with the announcement attached! I've seen it on Youtube and it looked like great fun.

ShadowAngel - Fingers crossed you get a BFP soon!

Bearbug - Welcome back! Are you enjoying work at the moment? Will your sister be okay? That's terrible. Does she need to go on a transplant waiting list or anything similar?
    That's great that you can start trying so soon! I've begun using OPK's too. Oracle Fertility ones are great. I got my first positive yesterday and this is my first month off the pill.
    Pity we aren't trying just yet.