Closed Thread
Page 16 of 129 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Disney - Sorry to hear you missed the egg. But hey, at least you have two chances this month!

Hamij - How can you you ovulate, but not very well? Glad to hear your blood results have improved.

Trio - Bring on June indeed! It's going to be a great month. I'm sure at least one of us will conceive first go. Nice work with the exercise. I need to get on to that...

Cantwait - Yay you're back! They say that misery loves company. Hehe. Glad to have you back here. How's everything going with you?

Mumma K - That's terrible! I hope you will be okay soon. Nothing broken or too serious I hope?

AFM, Spoiled myself with a new iPhone5 today. I've never been on a plan before. I've just had a pre-paid iPhone3 for a while now. Also got some pretty new linen to match the feature wall in the master bedroom at our new place. Not long until we move in hopefully. I've got a super head ache. Ew. So I'm off to catch the end of The Block and then off to bed early. Lame.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Cantwaitforabubba  (18-02-2013),Disney  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Can you loose weight whilst pregnant????? How does that happen - i want to loose weight whilst pregnant! 1 kg a week is achievable and it also means your loosing real weight! Is a FS expensive without PHI?
    I don't lose weight deliberately. I get hyperemesis gravidarum. Figure with each of my kids I lost 20+kg.

PHI doesn't pay any money out for appointments outside hospital - so doesn't cost us any different to see the FS whether we have PHI or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    I don't lose weight deliberately. I get hyperemesis gravidarum. Figure with each of my kids I lost 20+kg.

PHI doesn't pay any money out for appointments outside hospital - so doesn't cost us any different to see the FS whether we have PHI or not.
    Thats what Princess Kate had right?

Thats interesting about the FS and PHI, didn't know any of that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely doing water birth with next one. Can you do it at public hospital as a private patient? When I went through RNSH they only had birthing pools in the birthing suite, which was closed between my first and second births. Though I used the shower for pain relief, which is one worry I have about doing it at home - I don't have that much hot water lol.
    You're brave doing a homebirth but I can totally see the benefits. Plus you have had experience, that would give you more confidence I would imagine. I've thought about it but had a complicated birth in the end and would just feel better in hospital I think.

And thanks, I'll check out birthing at rnsh then postnatal care at nsp. It could be a good option - my ob/gyn is head of obstetrics at the public and practices at the private so it's not out of the question...hmm.. I can't stop thinking about it all now and we aren't even ttc yet!!

Mummak, I hope ur ok after the fall, sounds bad you poor thing. Rest up and let everyone take care of you xx

Sorry about all the whinging in your due date group cantwait! I guess it's the place to have a whinge if you need to but it can't be grizzley all the time - maybe theyre trying to out-do each other?!?

Reflective mood tonight - Grace was due two years ago tomorrow...but she didn't join us til the 3rd of March!! Birthday to plan...any ideas welcome

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

Happy Birthday Grace for the 3rd of March, same as me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Reflective mood tonight - Grace was due two years ago tomorrow...but she didn't join us til the 3rd of March!! Birthday to plan...any ideas welcome

Wow she really took her time coming out - you must have a comfy belly! I absolutely adore the name Grace, it is my # 1 choice if we have a girl - you have excellent taste What is her middle name? I am thinking of Grace Elizabeth, so pretty!

Birthday ideas for a little girl hmmmm is she a real girly girl? If so maybe princess or butterfly theme, if she is more of a tom boy maybe an animal theme or something. I guess it depends on her little personality! Is there anything she loves you could base the party around like a fav animal, teddy or cartoon?

Nomie, sounds like your new house is going to look beautiful! I bet you can't wait to move in!! How exciting I think everything is going ok, will have my 1st scan at 8 weeks and that will tell us if everything is in the right place and if there is a heartbeat. That is on Friday and I am ultra excited!

Craving tacos like a crazy woman, I have had them twice this week muhaha so yum!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cantwait, the DIG threads can get a bit depressing at times. How exciting you are going for a scan soon!!

Hamij, you poor thing ;( HG is awful!!! Ive never experienced it, but i cant think of anything much worse!

Disney, Loosing weight while pregnant is frowned upon if you try! I Wasnt trying, just was making healthy choices, and over the first 5 months dropped about 6kgs slowly....Im overweight, according to the reccomended BMI/safe weight gain in pregnancy table, i should maintain my weight... I had MWs, and my GP complaining to me that it was unsafe, i got sent to a dietitian...and lectures galore. My first MW appointment at 20wks was amusing... "oh overweight people are at risk of blah blah blah its really not as safe being overweight....OMG! You have lost weight and are still loosing! Thats not safe!! You should be putting it on at this point!" HAHA, I started gaining after that as bubs growth picked up speed...i was about 8kgs heavier than my starting weight when i was in labour.

Jesse - ooh party planning!! I LOVE parties for kids! Without knowing your DD, id go - pink - princesses / butterflies / faries / baby doll tea party / Teddy bears picnic
    Themes - rainbow (have u seen the 7 layer rainbow cakes?! / Unicorns / Peppa pig / angelina / hootabelle

My DS is 2 on the 15th We had a pale blue and pale yellow teddy bear themed party last year. With a teddy shaped cake, teddy bear cars, teddy bear chocolate crackles, teddy bear shaped fairy bread..........you get the idea

We arent having a party this year, just some close friends and family around, but im still trying to decide on a cake! He loves anything boy-ish. Dinosaurs, Cars, Roary, Bob, Thomas, Chuggington, Timmy time, Hoot, Mickey Mouse, Bananas in Pijamas, etc.

All of his birthday presents arrived today!! I wrapped them while he was sleeping as opposed to doing housework. It was 39c here today, so i wasnt leaving the comfort of the lounge room for anything!! He's going to be so excited!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by poida84 View Post
    Happy Birthday Grace for the 3rd of March, same as me
    And to you too!! Awesome day to be born!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Wow she really took her time coming out - you must have a comfy belly! I absolutely adore the name Grace, it is my # 1 choice if we have a girl - you have excellent taste What is her middle name? I am thinking of Grace Elizabeth, so pretty!

Birthday ideas for a little girl hmmmm is she a real girly girl? If so maybe princess or butterfly theme, if she is more of a tom boy maybe an animal theme or something. I guess it depends on her little personality! Is there anything she loves you could base the party around like a fav animal, teddy or cartoon?

Nomie, sounds like your new house is going to look beautiful! I bet you can't wait to move in!! How exciting I think everything is going ok, will have my 1st scan at 8 weeks and that will tell us if everything is in the right place and if there is a heartbeat. That is on Friday and I am ultra excited!

Craving tacos like a crazy woman, I have had them twice this week muhaha so yum!!!!!
    Thanks cantwait! We both just said "thats it", you know?! Grace's middle name is Adelie (a variation of Adalita from Magic Dirt!!). We were going to call her Adelie but decided that she'll be forever spelling both her first and last name, so Grace was nice and easy. I still called her Adelie accidently for about a month after she was born so maybe I should have called her that!! Grace does suit her though

Grace Elizabeth is beautiful x

Hope you get some more tacos soon - cravings are funny things!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Cantwait, the DIG threads can get a bit depressing at times. How exciting you are going for a scan soon!!

Hamij, you poor thing ;( HG is awful!!! Ive never experienced it, but i cant think of anything much worse!

Disney, Loosing weight while pregnant is frowned upon if you try! I Wasnt trying, just was making healthy choices, and over the first 5 months dropped about 6kgs slowly....Im overweight, according to the reccomended BMI/safe weight gain in pregnancy table, i should maintain my weight... I had MWs, and my GP complaining to me that it was unsafe, i got sent to a dietitian...and lectures galore. My first MW appointment at 20wks was amusing... "oh overweight people are at risk of blah blah blah its really not as safe being overweight....OMG! You have lost weight and are still loosing! Thats not safe!! You should be putting it on at this point!" HAHA, I started gaining after that as bubs growth picked up speed...i was about 8kgs heavier than my starting weight when i was in labour.

Jesse - ooh party planning!! I LOVE parties for kids! Without knowing your DD, id go - pink - princesses / butterflies / faries / baby doll tea party / Teddy bears picnic
    Themes - rainbow (have u seen the 7 layer rainbow cakes?! / Unicorns / Peppa pig / angelina / hootabelle

My DS is 2 on the 15th We had a pale blue and pale yellow teddy bear themed party last year. With a teddy shaped cake, teddy bear cars, teddy bear chocolate crackles, teddy bear shaped fairy bread..........you get the idea

We arent having a party this year, just some close friends and family around, but im still trying to decide on a cake! He loves anything boy-ish. Dinosaurs, Cars, Roary, Bob, Thomas, Chuggington, Timmy time, Hoot, Mickey Mouse, Bananas in Pijamas, etc.

All of his birthday presents arrived today!! I wrapped them while he was sleeping as opposed to doing housework. It was 39c here today, so i wasnt leaving the comfort of the lounge room for anything!! He's going to be so excited!
    Yay for you, seriously organised in the present department! The teddy theme sounds so cute!

I did a rainbow layer cake for her first birthday and it was AWESOME!!! I highly recommend trying it! After a chat with DH this morn I think we're going to go with a fruity/rainbow theme! I'll try and attch a pic of the cake I want to make. Then a rainbow fruit platter too and some nibbles. Its just arvo tea in the park next to our house so very relaxed

Attached Images