Closed Thread
Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

Thanks for the extra info about the San... It's definitely the most practical option for me - only 15 minutes away - and we have full health cover... now for the BFP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Thanks for the extra info about the San... It's definitely the most practical option for me - only 15 minutes away - and we have full health cover... now for the BFP!!!
    It is an awesome hospital, wish we lived closer we only have 1 private hospital here in Newcastle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Funchu - the bfp is the hardest part!!! Who would have thought!! I just wish there was some magic way to know exactly when you needed to dtd and then another magic way to tell when the sperm and egg meet and then a third magic way to tell when the egg implants and nestles in for 9 months!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

The business of being born is a doco it's fantastic!

I would never choose to have another csection it was horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma K View Post

What channel is the doco on?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mumma K View Post

Ill have to check that out.

I'm not fussed about another csect but I want a vbac. I was prepared for a terrible time after my csect...but it never came?
    I had complications, but I didn't know at the time.....extra blood loss (borderline for a transfusion) once I was up, I was great. It was the waiting till they said I could move that was the hard part! And waiting for them to remove the cannulas....one ended up falling out and I caught ds' blankie on the other and ripped it out lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you didn't catch the egg this time Disney, I was sure you had - glad to see you're going to have another crack Hamij - I had my DD at RNSH too! Went to the open day and was so disappointed to discover that no private hospitals in NSW will let you have a water birth I was so close to having one last time and really wanted to try for another this time, but if I want the Ob/Gyn (and the post natal care at the private hospy), then I'm going to have to rethink my birthing plan. They have baths, but just normal long ones. At the public hospy they had huge birthing suites and enormous spa baths that had plenty of room to float about in and even have your partner in if you want. Public is also very happy for you to have a water birth! I don't get it!!! Anyway, bit disappointed but glad I know now - I guess you're always going to have to compromise somehow. Heard good things about the San and Hornsby Hospy too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm definitely doing water birth with next one. Can you do it at public hospital as a private patient? When I went through RNSH they only had birthing pools in the birthing suite, which was closed between my first and second births. Though I used the shower for pain relief, which is one worry I have about doing it at home - I don't have that much hot water lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2

Shadow- I had a VBAC, my boys are 26 months apart (DS was 17 months when I fell pg).
    My OB/GYN asked me from the get go about which I'd prefer, I was adamant that I didn't want another c-section. I didn't have a choice the first time, I never progressed past 6cm and DS1's heart rate had dropped very low. They were unable to help bring it back up again. I didn't have a "bad" c-section experience and as long as the baby was healthy, I was willing to do whatever needed to be done. But with my second, I just wanted to experience the whole VB and also being able to booby feed and cuddle straight away!
    My OB was great, even though I went against his wishes (no drugs to slow the process down - I got an epidural before he made it to the hospital), he still did everything in his power to help me have my VBAC 😊 I was so happy and as Hamij said, recovery is much, much quicker!
    So anyway, got a bit of track there, but my point is to use an OB you trust and make your wishes clear from that first appt.

Disney, I'm sorry AF showed her ugly head. I was sure you had it in the bag this month! Fingers crossed for this month!

I'm on my phone, so I can't remember any other posts!

I'd better be heading to bed anyway, work tomorrow 😞😩 20 weeks until I have a whooollle month off (and we can start TTC 😜) xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Funchu - the bfp is the hardest part!!! Who would have thought!! I just wish there was some magic way to know exactly when you needed to dtd and then another magic way to tell when the sperm and egg meet and then a third magic way to tell when the egg implants and nestles in for 9 months!
    Yes. Magic would be useful for many things.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub