Closed Thread
Page 115 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1281
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I realised tonight that my mother knows I'm pregnant. Well that's going to make telling her in a couple weeks a whole lot easier lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did she find out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I went with the flow disney totally opposite to my birth plan but its in my nature to be cruisy

My birth plan was... Strictly no drugs, and csect if needed. I wanted to be encouraged to do everything possible to make labour continue as natural as possible lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mother is the kind of woman who won't ask you something straight out. She won't gossip, either. She believes that news is personal, and it's up to you to share it when you are ready. One example is that she didn't tell my dad when DP and I started looking at engagement rings because she said that was our news to tell.
    So I am on Pinterest, and I always pin things about pregnancy and babies that I like. Usually this wouldn't be cause for comment. However. My mother was looking over my shoulder as I flicked through my iPhone photo album the other day and she would have quickly seen a positive Opk. She woulda thought that was a hpt, right? So it appears she's put 2 and 2 together...
    Conversation:
    Me: it's DPs bday on Mother's Day... Day of birth trumps day of acknowledgement for giving birth so we'll have to plan something for him
    Mum: geez that's a deal breaker
    Me: nah, I've already invested too much into him
    Mum: are you finally telling me there's a reason for all the pregnancy pinning that's been happening?
    Me: I ain't telling you nothing yet! (Mature, I know)
    Then we laughed and moved on... I might have said no, it's cos I've had him a while now...
    But yeah. SHE KNOWS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    My mother is the kind of woman who won't ask you something straight out. She won't gossip, either. She believes that news is personal, and it's up to you to share it when you are ready. One example is that she didn't tell my dad when DP and I started looking at engagement rings because she said that was our news to tell.
    So I am on Pinterest, and I always pin things about pregnancy and babies that I like. Usually this wouldn't be cause for comment. However. My mother was looking over my shoulder as I flicked through my iPhone photo album the other day and she would have quickly seen a positive Opk. She woulda thought that was a hpt, right? So it appears she's put 2 and 2 together...
    Conversation:
    Me: it's DPs bday on Mother's Day... Day of birth trumps day of acknowledgement for giving birth so we'll have to plan something for him
    Mum: geez that's a deal breaker
    Me: nah, I've already invested too much into him
    Mum: are you finally telling me there's a reason for all the pregnancy pinning that's been happening?
    Me: I ain't telling you nothing yet! (Mature, I know)
    Then we laughed and moved on... I might have said no, it's cos I've had him a while now...
    But yeah. SHE KNOWS
    How do you feel about that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    How do you feel about that?
    Kind of good? Cos it means she'll have already worked through her emotions and gotten to a good place with it, if you know what I mean? She hates surprises. Which she reminded me of the other night lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    Kind of good? Cos it means she'll have already worked through her emotions and gotten to a good place with it, if you know what I mean? She hates surprises. Which she reminded me of the other night lol
    Sounds perfect! She knows gets to get excited in her own time, and you still get to announce, we're pregnant!

I think my mum assumed we were pregnant. At christmas our whole family gets together and the first thing she did after not seeing me for 4 months (since our wedding) was obviously stare at my belly, little did she know we would announce our pregnancy just hours later! Lol, maybe mums just know?

Disney its no good about the tiredness. I was a retail assistant at Kmart in the early months, luckily the manchester section, so I would sneak into the doona isle and rest my head for a bit on a doona packet. I think it went away in second trimester.

Shadow, I spent ages on my birth plan, thinking it all through and researching everything, then didn't have the courage to give it to my midi or doctor. But our birth went exactly how my plan was anyway. I really hope your next one is birthed just the way you would like! also shadow, how is ttc going? I hope you catch this eggy so badly! I have everything crossed for you!

AFM, I still can't get twins out of my head. I think because I have heard my whole life 'oh you could have twins' It has sort of become a certainty. My cousin has just announced their twins will be boy girl, I am so so so excited for them, and a little bit jealous too. What if because they have had twins, my chances are now less. I thought the same when my neighbour had twins. maybe all the twins have been allocated kind of thing. It is so silly because all I really want is a healthy baby.

Have a great fertile weekend everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio, so glad you got the birth you wanted! thanks for asking how we are going... I think im coming up to o shortly. Honestly have no idea what cd I am at. I usually o on cd17.
    So we are just dtd whenever and what will be will be, its alotttt less bding than df would like ... "lets just go like jack rabbits!" ... Which has resulted in me actually pushing him away and wanting to dtd less! Lol.

I am so over being groped every single time he looks at me, the constant innuendos and kisses to "show affection/be romantic".... A little is a turn on, but theres a point where it becomes down right irritating, and theres a time and place for it all..... Aka walking in the supermarket, past my dads aunty is not an appropriate time or place to tell me you want to do me in xyz positions!! In fact, it just sealed the deal (and my legs for 2 days)

If no luck this month i will look into opks. Temping won't worth for me as ds still wakes overnight and we are up at different times anywhere between 7 and 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mare it's kinda funny how nervous we are about telling our mums. I'm 27...been married 2 years and I'm still nervous! My mum is the kind of person who always sees me as her lil girl so it is hard for her to except anything 'grown up'. I do not think I would want her in the birthing room...shall see. She tends to tell me off if she deems I am being a drama queen...I really don't need someone telling me off. I find it easier talking to my hubby's mum...she is a nurse and super caring lol. Trying to come up with cool ways of telling people our news in a few months (if bubba sticks). Period was due yesterday and didn't show (tiny yay). Although I have been awake since midnight with chronic back ache and what feels like someone standing on my full bladder (even thought its not full)...also waves of nausea. Don't want to complain...but not cool. Got two uni assignments to do this weekend so will now try and stay awake...Disney I feel your energy slump! Love to all of you I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't too nervous about telling my mum I was utd with ds.we are realy close, df had and eye injury which seen me at the hospital overnight one night, and runing around to appointments for him and just totally distracted.

I called her freaking out that id skipped 3 days of the pill... And she is like "you were going to try for a baby soon weren't you? ...just stop now" so she knew it was coming

However the one thing I hated.... she just knew when id first ever dtd! I never said anything at all, and she just said to me, 2 days after my first time " I know what you have done, I just hope you used protection, and have some for the future too." pretty sure I didn't have it tattooed across my forehead....