Closed Thread
Page 114 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1281
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I hope to do similar for #2. I seen my gp, a private ob as a public patient a few times, it was 100% bulk billed And public patient....I didn't see the need to go private *** put local maternity ward at hospital only has single private rooms anyway.
    They don't do many births here though, mostly ante natal and post natal care...... So ill birth elsewhere and transfer back once en are given the all clear.

That was the plan with ds'..... However, when I got to the hospital in labour, they decided I was too high risk and I was flown out to another. I was annoyed that although I was there from 4 am till after lunch when my ambo transfer arrived, I hadn't seen or heard from my ob....he is now retired, but I felt so relieved and relaxed with him.... Anywho!

I just go with the flow... I wanted a natural, drug free birth.
    I didn't expect him to have not engaged, and to still be glaring in the never never when I went into labour! Nor did I expect that my waters would break and there to br no contractions, then irregular ones for 24 hrs! Once things started moving, I didn't anticipate him pushing on my syatic nerve each contraction... Apparently I was pushing :/ all I know is stretching out on the bed, my back arched back, on my side for each contaction felt better!

Needless to say, I asked for gas....which worked well until id fall asleep inbetween contractions breathing it constantly...any one who has used it would understand the feeling id have when I woke up with the next contraction a few mins later... Very light headed and dizzy.... I agreed to the cintocin drip to get contractions moving as they would amp up, then die off....I ended up having an epi (which I was absolutely petrified of) so I could sleep.... Ds started going into distress about 8 hrs later so we had a csect.

Id love a vbac...I think thats my goal..... But ill go with the flow, whatever gets bub out safely!
    A csect seriously terrifies me. Not something I ever want. My SIL recently had an emergency csect and it seriously upset me for a while...its a pretty touchy thing for me now that im ttc...if that makes sense.

You could say I go with the flow...but only if it suits me

Fx you get to have a vbac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah Shadow, sounds like you had a tough one, hope this time it goes a little more smoothly xx I know exactly what you mean about the gas!

Blotched, I need a to start ttc and then we'll have to decide I guess! Maybe look into the options close to home, at least you could be home quickly. Let us know how you go xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds really eventful...but the staff were good, and explained everything....and we just went with the flow. I figured they were the professionals so would know best.

The only time I remember feeling scared was when they wanted to take blood from him, from his scalp, while he was still in there to check for infection... Apparently its not something they do regularly because I lost count of how many students ob/mw who asked if they could be there :/ they never did do it though, not sure why, or maybe they did lol it was after the epi so I felt nothing and just wanted to sleep. It was late monday night, id been awake since sunday morning.

But I like to think we handled it well. I never felt like it was traumatic, just done what we thought was best. Our bf issues was more traumatic for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I figured they were the professionals so would know best.
    I guess I'm often sceptical of this. I've been to too many incompetent gps and my dentist even put the wrong kind of fillings from what i wanted in.

Though I'm certain obs are much more competent than the average doctor ...but i'm worried about how many we might need to see to find the right one...

I've heard bfing is hard. Its probably something i would ask my mum about, she was pretty good at it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow, I want my next birth to be nearly exactly the same as DS's. The one thing I want to do differently is go into labor naturally. and maybe avoid an eisotomy. That made sex uncomfortable for like 6months after. I was induced last time due to a sudden spike in high blood pressure. I had every faith in my midi and my doctor. They were fantastic. I really want the same midi again but I guess its just luck when labor starts who is on.

Blotched, I found my doctor straight away, He was recommended by my sil. So you may get lucky too!

Jessy how is the counting going? I think I am still on track, no chocolate anyway!

Thanks Can't wait,​ I couldn't sleep last night thinking way too much. Have you started looking at names yet?

Disney
    how are you going? are you still tired?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Shadow, I want my next birth to be nearly exactly the same as DS's. The one thing I want to do differently is go into labor naturally. and maybe avoid an eisotomy. That made sex uncomfortable for like 6months after. I was induced last time due to a sudden spike in high blood pressure. I had every faith in my midi and my doctor. They were fantastic. I really want the same midi again but I guess its just luck when labor starts who is on.

Blotched, I found my doctor straight away, He was recommended by my sil. So you may get lucky too!

Jessy how is the counting going? I think I am still on track, no chocolate anyway!

Thanks Can't wait,​ I couldn't sleep last night thinking way too much. Have you started looking at names yet?

Disney
    how are you going? are you still tired?
    Maybe. will have to wait and see - still need my bfp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blotched that is very true too. I just hoped lol. I wish I could have tge same lady put an epi in if I need another.... Took 3 goes, but once it was in...... Ahhhh... total relief!

Trio, oooh good luck! Theres so much I want different, but at the end of the day ill do whats best for all of us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill be delivering in an entirely different state to my first so I have no hope of the same midwife or any of that.
    That's why I am choosing to have a private one; in case any one is wondering why I don't just take myself off to the hospital run midwifery program, it's because I'm not eligible. My son was born at 35+6 after a stress-induced spontaneous rupture of the membranes. He spent 12 days in special care before coming home.
    I guess the important thing that I want everyone heading into labour at the end of the year is to remember: you can say No.
    My midwife (who was from the community practice I was part of, not the hospital, even though I had to be in the hospital instead of the birth suite) kept reminding me, whenever the hospital staff tried to intervene, that I could say no, and she advocated for me. Things I remember in particular was that my hand cannula was put in wrong for the penicillin they give you 4x during premmie labour, so once she realised that (2 bags later) she took it out an tried to reposition it with no luck. It was horrid. So she reminded I could say no to anything at any time, and I said no. End of painful IV.
    The nurses wanted me on the bed for Foetal monitoring and internals. Middy said no, got me wireless monitors so I could keep pacing.
    After everything (my middy was brilliant in convincing me to actually birth) the same student doctor who effed up my cannula wanted to stitch me up. My middy said no, and she did them (a fantastic job) herself.
    So you need to know your middy is in your corner and that she knows exactly what you want. She is invaluable. So different to a FIFO hospital middy!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (05-04-2013),JessyJ  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Disney how are you going? are you still tired?
    Yep I'm still tired, some days are much worse than others but it doesn't matter how much sleep I get I'm tired! I didnt know tiredness was a symptom of pregnancy?! I've picked up a cold as well which makes things a little worse. My boss was asking me what's its like being pregnant and the best way I could describe it was suffering from a dirty cheap wine and even cheaper tequila hangover, your tired, sore and sick . That said I wouldn't change it for the world!

Trio - yay on being given the all clear to ttc! When do you start???

As for the type of birth, I think it was shadow who went with the flow? I'm doing that too. I don't have a particular thing I do or don't want when it comes to birthing, so long as the baby gets out of my body happy and healthy, how that happens i dont care about too much. I'm just going to listen to my Ob and do what they say. I know lots of people wouldn't agree with that but I'm happy with it. If I need an epi that's cool too and if doc says I need a c section then ill trust their judgement. That's what's I'm paying him for.. His opinion and knowledge and I trust him.
    Last edited by Disney; 05-04-2013 at 17:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about the tiredness Disney, Don't know how much could handle that working night shift and being nauseated and tired day and night I don't drink tea and coffee but do drink Coke zero at work and now trying to limit so won't have too much when do get PG.

GOt a bottle of Moet this morning from work ladies for my wedding,so lovely of them, wanted to open the special bottle my brother gave as our engagement present on first night of honeymoon we wont want it wedding night after drinks already. Might open todays bottle on Sunday and celebrate holidays and the end of our un married lives since he will be tired after work tonight and will be a waste of nice champagne,