Closed Thread
Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    panda I meant to thank you too for the information you gave on the genetic testing. it was very helpful!
    Last edited by emski72; 04-07-2013 at 06:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OH.MY.GOD!!! Musical girl!!! Of course you are ok! You just had your BFP! Congrats and.... grow little bean...grow....

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats musical, that is such amazing news....good luck till your scan. Can I ask what protocol wazza had you on?

ann I'm getting my head around donor, but still haven't quite got there yet mentally.

we will probably start in a few months again. Wondering whether to do a few cycles back to back and bank some embryos as will be 41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure when we are starting yet, DP is on the pill to delay her periods so now its up to my body to do what it has to do for AF etc so we can both start jabbing. I have a BT tomorrow morning to see if i have ovulated, please don't let it be this month that my body decides to skip AF.

As for Gonal amount, when DP first started she was on 300, but now she is usually on 450

Quote Originally Posted by Team panda View Post
    Hi emski, the pgd Im doing is what’s called SNP array. It costs $3500 for up to 8 embryos. Though I need to check that, as in January there was talk they were going to reduce the number. You don’t get any medicare back on that, so out of pocket you end up paying $7000 more or less. When people do this testing they stockpile embryos and send them over once they have enough. A single cell from each is sent to California where it is tested and it takes 3 weeks for the results. Lynns point of view on this is that ultimately it saves you dollars as you are not transferring FETS that were never going to work. I think she initially suggested it to me because I was getting the numbers. So its probably not for everyone. Unfortunately no one predicted that my embryos would be so fragile. Im not sure what we will do if I only get a few embryos at day 3 this time.
    Yes ann, I would say that lady must have had a good fertilisation rate. Lynn wont recommend PGD on low numbers. She put that story out as she wanted people to see how difficult having babies in your 40s actually is.Not sure if it came across like that, though.
    Just out of curiosity how much fsh is everyone on? I started at 450 when I did antagonist. On Down Reg im on 300.
    Musicalgal I hope you have had a good outcome.Good luck DJShears and Sonny.
    It looks like I start sniffing Thursday, so look forward to cycling with you Bertie, Springrain, Emski and Fingercrossed. Kenta, when will you be starting again?
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic new Musical Gal. That Wazza is really great. Yes can you let us know what protocol he had you on? I hope you have a smooth 9 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

May I join this thread? I have been lurking for a while and it is so great to hear of your stories. I am 42 (DH 43) we have been TTC for 3 years but had to take nearly a year off in this for things out of our control. 3 fresh transfers, 2 Fets, 1 MC. I currently have 2 frosties on board. BT scheduled for next week.

We too have considered donor eggs. We discuss it, then go away and think about it then think we can't do it. Then the next day we think we can! I guess we will get to the day when we both know for sure. Such a big decision. But I think we may do a couple more fresh cycles with own eggs before this. I admire all the ladies going down this path.

Can someone please advise how I put my signature on this?

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta - its a hard call isnt it? I know the feeling of a looming birthday! I guess on one hand it is good to go back to back and build your bank but on the other hand fresh is best tx? although I think it seems frozen tx are sometimes better for some.

Team Panda - Its not the Dr or the patient - its the way these shows are edited! Lyn is a great Dr and has done good things.

Luca - welcome - hope your journey is very short here! Yes, donor path is not easy and not everyone's cup of tea, and for most of us it took us our time to get to that decision. Trust me even though I have decided donor I still have a niggling feeling and those days where I think maybe just one more try with my own eggs - give Wazza a crack. I have had few appointments with him over the years but unfort every time something unforeseen has happened, like he did his back once and I got resch for the following yr and cause I didnt want to wait for so long I went to another FS, and other ones I missed cause I was in overseas, etc....Good luck you are PUPO so still in the race with your eggies/embies!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you're right Ann, it's the way they edit these shows. I agree that they do give people the wrong impression at times, especially when there are so many variables in each individual situation that the general public will never understand.
    Welcome Luca, this board is a really good place to be. I have found it so supportive and it's a great source of information.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Welcome Luca! Good to have another person on board. Re the signatures - I think you need to have a post count of 10 to make one
    • Go to your user control panel
    • Click on “edit signature” in the “my settings” box on the left-hand-side of the page
    • Enter the signature you would like to have with all the text, smilies, and tickers you want – here’s how to add a ticker.
    • When you are happy with your signature, click “save signature”. This will now appear at the bottom of all of your posts.
    Ann and Panda are right - it depends on the person and your reaction to the drugs, but at least I now feel like I'm in with a chance. Since switching clinics the new FS has listened to all my concerns and we've addressed them all with this cycle coming up. Who knows what will happen... could go either way. I'm feeling positive at this stage. Just picked up my Clexene and Prednisolne -$38 bucks - seemed very cheap to me?? I was expecting clexene to cost more for some reason - used to paying exorbitant prices for drugs I guess.

For all the ladies who are considering DE - I found a really good podcast site, it is American so not all things will be relevant but I found a lot of these discussions very interesting (I do a lot of long drives in my job!) There are podcasts on IVF for older women, radio programs on using donor eggs and sperm amongst other things. You can also download it through itunes as a podcast too. And the site in itself has some helpful info and articles relating to / IVF / Infertility and adoption etc.
    http://www.creatingafamily.org/
    Last edited by emski72; 04-07-2013 at 17:17.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski good luck with the cycle. I started synarel sniifing this morning, so its a long 4 weeks for me until egg pick up. Your on a Boost so you'll be going in before me. for your cycle!
    I also have listened to the Creating a Family podcast and love it. The ivf shows have been fantastic.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-07-2013)