Closed Thread
Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awww Twocam nearly 12 weeks huh? Hows the MS been treating ya?

DJ - what day did AF arrive? Iam trying to work out averages!

Bertie - thats exactly what I meant - when you have 1 or 2 embies left not much choice is there? Sometimes I get annoyed with these shows (as much as I love to watch em), they make IVF sound like the answer to all your fertility probs and makes it sound as though testing is the answer, which definitely is of an advantage if you have a no. of embies. Good luck with this cycle, pray this is the one - you are a super trooper!

Sunny - you must be soooo excited and we are getting so excited for you! We want to see extra baggage - no pressure!

Musical girl - good luck for your BT today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Anne....AF arrived on day 5 after stopping the OCP.

Thanks girls for all the good wishes you have sent..really is so encouraging!

Hope you are all doing well.

Dj x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ann and Bertie - I don't get many 'leftover' embryos either... I have one banked with my last clinic. One cycle I got no eggs at all! Will be interested to see if I get a better result this time around after taking dhea and melatonin and doing a 'boost' cycle over antagonist or down reg which I've done in the past.

Em x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski what antibiotics are you and DH on? and what dose of gonal f and menopur are you on? what cycle are you doing? what is a boost cycle?

Like you panda we are going to be on our 8th cycle the next.

I also saw the show and like most women here we only end up with a few eggs so end up transferring all of them and have no left over so when I discussed with DH the expense vs benefit we could'nt understand why we would want to pay a lot for the test.

Musical hope you had a BFP today.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emski, the pgd Im doing is what’s called SNP array. It costs $3500 for up to 8 embryos. Though I need to check that, as in January there was talk they were going to reduce the number. You don’t get any medicare back on that, so out of pocket you end up paying $7000 more or less. When people do this testing they stockpile embryos and send them over once they have enough. A single cell from each is sent to California where it is tested and it takes 3 weeks for the results. Lynns point of view on this is that ultimately it saves you dollars as you are not transferring FETS that were never going to work. I think she initially suggested it to me because I was getting the numbers. So its probably not for everyone. Unfortunately no one predicted that my embryos would be so fragile. Im not sure what we will do if I only get a few embryos at day 3 this time.
    Yes ann, I would say that lady must have had a good fertilisation rate. Lynn wont recommend PGD on low numbers. She put that story out as she wanted people to see how difficult having babies in your 40s actually is.Not sure if it came across like that, though.
    Just out of curiosity how much fsh is everyone on? I started at 450 when I did antagonist. On Down Reg im on 300.
    Musicalgal I hope you have had a good outcome.Good luck DJShears and Sonny.
    It looks like I start sniffing Thursday, so look forward to cycling with you Bertie, Springrain, Emski and Fingercrossed. Kenta, when will you be starting again?
    x
    Last edited by Team panda; 03-07-2013 at 19:39.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (04-07-2013),Kenta  (04-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (03-07-2013),SpringRain  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Musical - hope you are ok and you have a positive BT.

Kenta - you are on no. 8 - I did my 4th and 5th one with you in Feb/Mar. I really hope you get your BFP this time. I hope its not insensitive of me to ask, have you thought along the lines of donor cycle?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGal, - I hope that you are so excited that you forgot to post. Am keeping fingers crossed that you have good news to tell us ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I never. ... it's a BFP!!!!!!!

Sorry for the late post. It's been a murderous day of waiting and calling Wazzas clinic every hour waiting for the Cairns sullivan nicolades to log the results! Omg torture! And then I had a chicks at the flicks movie n dinner after work.

But at 400pm I found out hcg of 1070! They say they were looking for over 100. Happy with that!

So now we've just gotta hope the little tacker hangs on in there and grows n grows.

Wazza has struck again. Me 40, us giving it one last try with my own eggs, travelling from Cairns, and we only got 1 blastie. Hang on in there little mate!

Thanks for all your support ladies xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    First, sorry for all the stupid capital letters in this post... my tablet has issues with this site!
    Woohoo! Great news Musicalgal! And Great Numbers Too - What A boost For Our Group.
    Kenta I have My Meeting With My Nurse Friday, But From Our Convo On The Phone I Believe Its Doxycycline (Antibiotics), Not Sure Of My Dosage Of Gonal/menopur Yet, Will Let You Know.
    It'S My Understanding That With Boost You Don'T Surpress The Ovaries As Long... Only A Few Days Of Spray, Then Stim For Approx 12 Days And No Bcp At All. The idea Being That Some Older Ladies Can Take a While To Get Going After Suppression... We'll See.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Musical, congratulations, so happy for you!! sending some good vibes to your little bean

Emski, that's an interesting new protocol, hope it brings the golden egg your way Thanks for the info on PGD: my FS mentioned it during our first consultation but then changed her mind and didn't seem to think we needed it, but what you've posted has got me thinking again.

TeamPanda, (and toes crossed too) for you for this upcoming cycle. I was in awe of that patient of Lynn's who had 17 transfers , hopefully we will all get sticky BFPs before then...

DJ and Sunny - Only a few more sleeps.... well done on the weight loss Sunny!!
    Bertie, hope you feel better soon Hope this round is a good one

Kenta, when will you start your cycle?

Twocam, great to hear from you, glad to hear you are getting a nice tum

Fingers, how are you going with the jabbing?

Hi to Micca and everyone else.

AFM - had a talk to my FS yesterday. She was happy with the way things went last cycle, so despite her being away it seems the old bod responded the way it was supposed to. So just waiting till next BT on friday really I've lost another kg, so am very happy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (08-07-2013)